Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

08-27-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 2

Just a Keyboard Problems

2021-09-14, 19:00 PM

Everytime I press the spacebar, it brings up the forward slash and the Reloaded page. And if I press backspace, nothing happens. Can you tell me how to fix this? 

Options

4227 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

260 Signins

23538 Page Views

• Views: 23538
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Just a Keyboard Problems

2021-09-14, 19:20 PM

Greetings @Mabs2333  

You may go through troubleshooting steps and see if this can be fixed.

But to start it would be good if you can share your complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK or 20UD000BUS) from the sticker usually located under the case. This would help us detail more about your machine variant while keeping the confidentiality of your serial number.

Check this link if you don't have any sticker: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/videos/vid100751-how-to-locate-serial-number-and-machine-type-model-number-may-2020-update

Go through these keyboard troubleshooting steps.

For keyboard having issue typing or if some keys that are not working, follow the troubleshooting steps instructed here. https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht103985-keyboard-keys-may-not-work 

Try to run the Windows Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + X key, then choose Control Panel
- Goa head and change the view by option on the top right into Large icons
- Select the troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
- Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
- When done, restart your machine and check if the issue is resolved

Uninstall the keyboard device + the drivers (might be already mentioned in the linked keyboard troubleshooting)
- Press the Windows key + X key, then choose Control Panel
- Look for the Keyboards - select the device in question, right click and choose "Uninstall device"
- There could be more then one device listed
- If a prompt dialog box comes up to uninstall drivers associated with the device,  be sure to tick the box and then continue
- Perform a restart on the machine to have Windows automatically install the most generic drivers for this device

*** In the event this does not bring keyboard back, Launch the Device Manager one more time
- Right click on the Keyboard device and then select Update driver option
- Choose the "Browse for drivers on your computer"
- Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
- Select the latest keyboard related driver from the list and click Next to proceed
- Restart your unit as usual

Test the keyboard again by connecting an external USB keyboard. Observe/test if the non-working keys on built in keyboard would operate well on the external keyboard.

When done with external keyboard, test the on-screen keyboard feature as well. Access the Settings from Start button > Ease of Access > Keyboard. Similarly, check the non-operational keys from build in keyboard if these would work on the on-screen  keyboard access.

Lastly, launch the command prompt / CMD and test the built-in keyboard/faulty keys by typing in the command lines. If the on-screen keys work along with the external keyboard, yet built-in keys failed to operate in the CMD lines, it can be a hardware issue.

Otherwise, a board replacement can be a solution for this.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)