English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-20-2020

BR

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Kernel Power Error 41 - BIOS Update

2020-09-20, 19:35 PM

Recently I've been experiencing the Kernel Power Error crash (thankfully not as commonly as other people) and I was wondering if doing a BIOS update could save me from this problem. The only issue is that the 8TCN53WW BIOS Update I have pending is meant for 330-15IKB (Type 81DE), 330-17IKB (Type 81DM), 330 Touch-15IKB (Type 81DJ), and my model is a 81FE. 
I don't know if I should risk an update, and if so, if this would even solve my problem. Right now I'm just scared it can further damage my machine.

Options

452 Posts

05-14-2020

US

198 Signins

2335 Page Views

• Views: 2335
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Kernel Power Error 41 - BIOS Update

2020-09-25, 14:04 PM

Hello,

In order to speed performance, PC's operate outside of a realtime scenario.  So pending tasks are stored in temporary memory locations called buffers.  The buffered tasks complete in a disorderly time and space available actions.  ( A lot like telling your teenager to clean her room.  "I'll get around to it sometime, don't bother me right now!" )  When you lower the power state of your machine, sleep, hibernate, or even turn it off, a special OS command is invoked to first purge all of the buffers to actually perform all pending tasks.  After these are completed, then the power is shut off.

The Kernel Power Error 41 is raised when the kernel detects power is going to be removed BEFORE all of the buffers have been purged.

The system BIOS does not have much to do with power failures.  

If Kernel 41 panics are common, there might be a corrupted file within your OS.  I'd look at diagnosing the Windows installation, activating a software repair process.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete