English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-21-2020

GB

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Keyboard disabled, now blue screens

2020-05-21, 15:36 PM
Hey, I've tried to find an email for tech support but everything I find leads me here. My Ideapad 320 core i7 has always worked fine until today when the keyboard suddenly disabled. I could use the touchpad so tried to check keyboard settings, tried to update keyboard drivers etc but nothing would help. The on screen ease of access keyboard worked and using the caps lock on it made the caps lock key light on the laptop light up. I reset the laptop and it still wouldn't let me use the keyboard to login, as I was trying I got the first blue screen. I switched it off after the error reset it again and the next time I tried to use it, I used on screen keyboard to login to check drivers again (since the drivers seem to be an issue) but as soon as I did, I got the same blue error. Super worried as I need this laptop during lockdown and not sure if I take it to a laptop shop they'll be able to fix it. Hoped there was some other fix I could try myself... but doesn't seem like I'll even be able to log on again. Thanks in advance! Laptop is also out of warranty, but it's only two years old.
Options

1 Posts

05-26-2020

US

1 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Keyboard disabled, now blue screens

2020-05-26, 3:51 AM

@ fern21 wrote:

Hey, I've tried to find an email for tech support but everything I find leads me here.My Ideapad 320 core i7 has always worked fine until today when the keyboard suddenly disabled. I could use the touchpad so tried to check keyboard settings, tried to update keyboard drivers etc but nothing would help. The on screen ease of access keyboard worked and using the caps lock on it made the caps lock key light on the laptop light up.I reset the laptop and it still wouldn't let me use the keyboard to login, as I was trying I got the first blue screen. I switched it off after the error reset it again and the next time I tried to use it, I used on screen keyboard to login to check drivers again (since the drivers seem to be an issue) but as soon as I did, I got the same blue error.Super worried as I need this laptop during lockdown and not sure if I take it to a laptop shop they'll be able to fix it. Hoped there was some other fix I could try myself... but doesn't seem like I'll even be able to log on again.Thanks in advance! Laptop is also out of warranty, but it's only two years old.

Have you found the solution for this problem? Because I faced the same problem, the keyboard suddenly didn't work while I'm using the laptop (mine was Thinkpad E480). I've tried to clean install the windows (Win 10) hope to reset the drivers, but the problem still stays.  I hope you can share yours. Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete