Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 7

LAPTOP BEEPING UPDATE WONT TURN ON

2021-02-26, 0:13 AM

This is a wide spread issue that Lenovo are refusing to acknowledge, I've spent hours on the phone with them today, to revive no help! 

Look at there Reddit there are multiple people with the exact same issue!

Options

90 Posts

02-17-2021

Japan

79 Signins

1615 Page Views

• Views: 1615
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:LAPTOP BEEPING UPDATE WONT TURN ON

2021-02-26, 0:33 AM

Hi.

Probably, Microsoft is aware of WindowsUpdate problems.

Recently, Microsoft released KB4023057 update which prevents WindowsUpdate from ringing/beeping in midnight and fixes update errors occurred in past updates, prepares proper environments for updates.

It seems to be an important update.

KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service components

Notes about this update

• This update may request your device to stay awake longer to enable installation of updates.

Note The installation will respect any user-configured sleep configurations and also your "active hours" when you use your device the most.

• This update may try to reset network settings if problems are detected, and it will clean up registry keys that may be preventing updates from being installed successfully.

• This update may repair disabled or corrupted Windows operating system components that determine the applicability of updates to your version of Windows 10.

• This update may compress files in your user profile directory to help free up enough disk space to install important updates.

• This update may reset the Windows Update database to repair the problems that could prevent updates from installing successfully. Therefore, you may see that your Windows Update history was cleared.

Just a common IdeaPad Flex5 (14ARE05) user
Options

5 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-02-26, 0:51 AM

Based on logs I was able to obtain from my bricked laptop, this was one of the last updates to be installed: "Lenovo - System - 15.11.29.61". I wasn't able to find details of this anywhere (perhaps it was already pulled, which will at least limit other customers' pain), but I suspect it included a botched BIOS / firmware update that bricked at least some of the laptops it was applied to.

Options

3 Posts

02-26-2021

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-02-26, 10:16 AM

Luckily I'm still in warrenty but Lenovo apparently is refusing to fix devices that are out of warrenty that were bricked by the update!

Options

1 Posts

02-28-2021

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-02-28, 17:15 PM

I just had a similar issue.  Switched on my Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop this morning to find I was getting a Blue Screen of Death every 10 or so minutes with the stop code: "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR".

Saw that the following driver had been installed the day before "lenovo - system - 15.11.29.61", so I rolled it back in Device Manager and now everything is stable again (fingers crossed).

So for anyone else experiencing this issue, check to see if "lenovo - system - 15.11.29.61" was recently installed (go to windows update and click on "View update history").  If it was and it coincides with when you had instability, go to Device Manager (by right clicking on the start button) and then find "Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller" under "System devices", right-click and go to "Properties", go to "Driver" and click "Roll Back Driver".

If your problem was anything like mine, everything will then work fantastically again.  It's poor QA from Lenovo to release such a buggy driver if this indeed is the case as it made the laptop unusable.

Options

90 Posts

02-17-2021

Japan

79 Signins

1615 Page Views

• Views: 1615
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-02-28, 21:00 PM

Hi. Now in my laptop (IdeaPad Flex5 14ARE05), Lenovo - System - 15.11.29.61 is installed.

I refreshed Windows10 after crash, so a few updates are only seen.

(Refresh rollbacks Windows to factory preset and downloads WindowsUpdate during refreshing)

How can I help all?

By the way, the similar phenomena are reported in the case of Dell PC.

Dell seems to think the cause is Intel UHD graphics device driver but I cannot confirm if that is sure.

(https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/ja-jp/000129799/latitude-5x80-5x90-7x80-7x90-and-precision-3520-windows-hardware-error-architecture-whea-blue-screen-or-system-hang?lang=en) published Feb 26,2021 . Edit: In this case, Safe Mode (WinRE) seems to be able to work.

I'm really waiting for the analysis report from Lenovo...

Just a common IdeaPad Flex5 (14ARE05) user
Options

1 Posts

03-07-2021

France

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-03-07, 17:30 PM

Since i've made this update, a new critical update is available for the bios in Lenovo Vantage, maybe it will resolve your issue ^^

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms