Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Laptop Bluescreen Error Requires Rebooting

2021-10-01, 19:48 PM

My Ideapad Flex 5 14ARE05 frequently has a blue screen error indicating it suffered a malfunction and needs to restart. This issue happens several times a day. There does not appear to be anything special that causes it as it normally happens when I am simply browsing the internet which is how I normally use the laptop. Please advise on what may be causing this issue and how to fix it. 

Options

4690 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

291 Signins

26414 Page Views

• Views: 26414
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Laptop Bluescreen Error Requires Rebooting

2021-10-01, 20:58 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @Jodum5  

I might suggest that you share the complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK or 20UD000BUS) from the sticker usually located under the case. This would help find more details about your machine variant, while keeping the confidentiality of your serial number.

What is the error message showing on the bluescreen?

I might recommend try running a System File Checker in Windows 10 in this case. Let us know about this result when available.

Also, try running a disk check for any hard disk issues
- Launch the command prompt form the search bar
- Type "chkdsk C: /f  /r " (excluding the quotation marks) 
- The chkdsk command will only work if it has complete acces to your disk.
- You may type "Y" to schedule a specific volume to be checked. You may hit Enter to start
- This tool will scan for hard drive issues or bugs that it may find

Finally, run a diagnostic scan on your computer for any hardware related issue regarding the reported case. Share your scan results in the thread.

Update us when convenient.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

10-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-10-05, 3:25 AM

Hello and thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately the blue screen error comes up unexpectedly for only a second or so, so I never have time to copy or grab a photo of the exact message. But what I have gathered is "the system has has an unexpected error and has to restart". There is more information but I have never been able to get it down. 

Here is the MTM number: 81X20003US

I ran the file checker and it found and corrected some faults. I also ran a full diagnostic scan which all but the bluetooth passed. The scan was cancelled at the last test on the bluetooth. I have attached the report for reference. I ran the disc check that was fully completed but did not get a report of any issues. 

As an update, the laptop had another such error this evening. 

Options

4690 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

291 Signins

26414 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-10-07, 13:01 PM

Hi @Jodum5  

Would the Bluetooth currently disabled?

Try changing it and see if same BSOD appears.

See also what probable scenario that will trigger it, like the duration, running apps, etc.

It may also be best to back up your personal files on a separate location too.

You can also try running BSOD checker like WhoCrash to isolate more on probable software issues.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

10-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-10-14, 0:16 AM

Hello, see below report from WhoCrashed. I look forward to your feedback on next steps. Also, I have attached a photo of the original error screen. I enabled bluetooth for the moment but I believe it drains the battery so prefer to leave it off unless in use. 

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 9/28/2021 6:32:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!MmTrimAllSystemPagableMemory+0x28907)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF998ED0885060, 0xFFFFC90C13C29850, 0xFFFF998ED8F50A20)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 9/28/2021 6:32:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092821-7500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF998ED0885060, 0xFFFFC90C13C29850, 0xFFFF998ED8F50A20)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 8/7/2021 12:41:20 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080821-9750-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6F20)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFB30F05DA3060, 0xFFFFF8075CC6D850, 0xFFFFB30F05E0E0D0)

On Mon 6/28/2021 4:12:41 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062821-10953-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6C20)
Bugcheck code: 0xA0 (0x10E, 0xA, 0xAEA3, 0xE19E)
Error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Sat 6/5/2021 4:28:41 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060521-7718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6CF0)
Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x1311, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000420, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CACHE_MANAGER
Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager.

On Mon 4/5/2021 10:26:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\040521-7921-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5C50)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80147C646EB, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Options

4690 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

291 Signins

26414 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-10-15, 14:59 PM

Hi @Jodum5  

I believe performing a checkdisk and a system scanner (linked and step on previous reply) is needed.

You may have to try to rollback the drivers on the Device Manager if these were detected to be related with drivers.

Run diagnostics scan for your machine for any possible hardware failure going on within the unit that could be related to the reported issue. I would advise to try backing up your necessary files at the moment.

Regards.

Dex

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms