Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 7

Laptop (IdeaPad 1 14IGL05) won't boot

2021-02-24, 17:54 PM

I got my laptop around a week ago, and it's been working fine for me so far.  That is, until last night.  I noticed that Windows Update had some things it wanted me to restart for.  It was the end of the night, so I hit "restart" and promptly closed the lid.  I set it down not far from the room's A/C unit.  I go into my room, getting ready for bed, when I hear a beeping from the other room.  What else was beeping but my laptop.  I open it back up, and all I see is the Lenovo logo appearing very dark, as if the brightness had been turned down to the lowest setting.  Paranoid, I hold the power button to turn off my laptop.  I turn it back on and... nothing.  The power button is on, but the display is blank.  I figure, alright, I'll just restart.  I turn off the laptop by holding the power button for 10 seconds.  Two seconds later, it turns right back on with no input from me, with the display still blank.  I use a mechanical pencil to hit the reset button to no avail.  I let the battery drain overnight, plugged it back in, and lo and behold it went right back to doing the same thing, but now the light is blinking because it's on low battery.

Now I've got a laptop that will say it's on at all times, but won't do anything about it.  What can I do?

Answer
Options

8 Posts

10-27-2020

Macedonia (the former Yugoslav Republic of)

24 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130

Re:Laptop (IdeaPad 1 14IGL05) won't boot

2021-02-24, 21:11 PM

Just refund it. If you bought it a week ago, it should be still under warranty.

Replies(6)
Options

4214 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

260 Signins

23487 Page Views

• Views: 23487
  • Message 2 of 7

2021-02-24, 18:05 PM

Hello fivo,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The computer shouldn't be interrupted while undergoing any kind of update. Please try to run power drain and accessing the Novo button and then identify which of the following issues your unit might have gotten into.

Perform power cycle: shutdown the machine, disconnect all external/peripheral devices (external mouse, keyboard, flashdrives, etc.), press and hold down the power button for 30-45 seconds to drain flea power.

Access the Novo button (a tiny pinhole with a U-turn arrow icon next to it) to turn on the device, the Novo menu will be shown in the screen.

No power would be the issue if there are no power light indicators on the machine. If the light on capslock did not respond upon tapping while the power light indicator is lit, this is a no post issue - there may be failure on the internal part of the unit.

The issue would be no display if capslock light responds and there is a power light indicator, try to connect an external monitor to project display.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-02-24, 18:47 PM

Access the Novo button (a tiny pinhole with a U-turn arrow icon next to it) to turn on the device, the Novo menu will be shown in the screen.

But I just drained all the power?  When I use this button, the power light flicks on for a second and turns right back off, presumably because the battery is drained.

If I plug the laptop in and then press the Novo button, it just goes straight to how it was before; blinking power button with no display.

No power would be the issue if there are no power light indicators on the machine. If the light on capslock did not respond upon tapping while the power light indicator is lit, this is a no post issue - there may be failure on the internal part of the unit.

Now that it's doing what it just was, I tried tapping capslock.  The capslock light didn't turn on.

What are my options here?

Options

4214 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

260 Signins

23487 Page Views

• Views: 23487
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-02-24, 19:55 PM

Hi fivo,

The machine should have power on the battery at least or fully charged before performing power drain, only then we can guarantee that the machine has a chance on accessing BIOS.

But I just drained all the power?  When I use this button, the power light flicks on for a second and turns right back off, presumably because the battery is drained.

I suggest to perform the steps with a power (at the battery) reserved on the unit first.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-02-24, 20:53 PM
I charged the battery for an hour or so and then used the Novo button. Nothing happened and the laptop continues to "turn on" two seconds after i turn it off, even if the lid is closed.
Answer
Options

8 Posts

10-27-2020

Macedonia (the former Yugoslav Republic of)

24 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-02-24, 21:11 PM

Just refund it. If you bought it a week ago, it should be still under warranty.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

02-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-02-26, 0:11 AM

Same problem here! Been on the phone with them all day and there customer support is terrible! Look at there reviews on trust pilot! I would refund and go elsewhere. 

If you look at the Lenovo Reddit this is a wide spread issue that they are refusing to acknowledge here...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms