Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-11-2021

Qatar

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Laptop is not reading wifi driver, WLAN driver missing

2021-06-11, 12:36 PM

Hello, hope you are doing well

My wifi was working fine but suddenly stopped working, it stopped detecting wifi networks

I tried some fixes but it didn’t work so I uninstalled the driver ( At first it was showing ) from device manager. I restarted the computer but no reinstalling happened.
so I downloaded it manually from the website. And downloaded card reader. 

Even after doing that then restarting laptop it’s not working or showing in device manager ( even if I do show hidden devices ). 

when I search realtek in apps it shows wireless lan driver and card reader, but in device manager no. ( first picture ) 
In network it’s also not showing, only ethernet. ( second picture ) 

List of fixes I tried:

- Troubleshooting 

- show hidden devices > scan hardware changes 

- winsock reset

- netcfg -d 

- network reset 

Laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100-151BD

Wifi card: realtek RTL8188EE

Thank you

77123DEE-9D47-4D04-9685-B9865B4B9734.jpeg C4756A0D-14BB-4CC3-A896-7E1D699594E2.jpeg
Options

2467 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

157 Signins

14231 Page Views

• Views: 14231
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Laptop is not reading wifi driver, WLAN driver missing

2021-06-11, 13:17 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums Cerberato,

It would have been a good procedure if you have downloaded the wireless driver first from support site, and then uninstalled the wireless drivers from Device Manager.

I might ask to include a picture of how does the Network Adapters look in Device Manager with Show Hidden Devices enabled.

If the installation of wireless driver from support site is indeed successful, I would advise booting the machine into safe mode with networking to check the connectivity.

Also, try to run diagnostics for any possible hardware failure. You are free to include the scan results here.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1022 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

418 Signins

5200 Page Views

• Views: 5200
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Laptop is not reading wifi driver, WLAN driver missing

2021-06-11, 13:22 PM

Hello,

You may need to consult a PC repair technician.

The next methods are most conveniently accessed via the Lenovo Vantage troubleshooting application.  Search for Vantage in your windows search box, a version is likely preinstalled, otherwise use Microsoft store to install it.

Vantage application has a method to search for Lenovo manufactured drivers.  Use that tool to find if newer versions of drivers are available for installation.  Please note, drivers obtained from sites other than lenovo support may not function well with lenovo equipment, even the chipset mfr's provided drivers.

Vantage application has a hardware troubleshooting diagnositic scan.  Activate that scan and learn the results.

Then there are mechanical issues, the wifi is a separate system from ethernet, so one can work when the other does not.  Wifi card needs connections to the system board AND connections to an antenna.  Sometimes the plugs/connections become loose, disconnected.  PC repair technicians can open up the machine and simply remove and reinsert the appropriate connectors.  Then also the wifi card itself may be defective and need to be replaced.  To save repair costs sometimes it is more expedient to simply purchase and use a USB or other kind of external wifi dongle.  Sometimes the external antenna is more effective than the one inside the computer.

LAST and BUT FIRST, is your wifi settings for frequency band on your computer the same as how your  wifi modem is set?  Single channel, multi channel, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz automated channel selection compared to fixed channel and so forth?

Good Luck!
Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)