Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-19-2018

United Arab Emirates

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 4

Laptop screen keeps dimming (IdeaPad 310)

2018-01-19, 20:19 PM

I have an IdeaPad 310.

The screen keeps dimming on its own, sometimes every few seconds, sometimes after a good while.

When I click F11 or F12 the screen quickly shows what the brightness should be before brightening (F12) or dimming (F11) as if the first dimming didn't happen.

I went to the power options --> enable adaptive brightness but both of them are off.

Thanks in advance.

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Laptop screen keeps dimming (IdeaPad 310)

2018-02-23, 15:34 PM

Hello Feline17

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Have a read of the proposed solution on the following posting:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-310-15ABR-Brightness-issue/m-p/3655132#M45423

See if this is able to help out at all.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

4 Posts

04-24-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Laptop screen keeps dimming (IdeaPad 310)

2021-04-27, 3:56 AM

There are hundreds of suggestions about how to fix this.   Different things work for different people because the computers and the software differ so one solution will work for one person but not another.   Our symptoms were that on battery power after a number of seconds (did not time it but it was probably 10 or 15 seconds) our display would dim if we were not actively typing on the keyboard.   We have a Lenovo X1 Nano with Windows 10 Professional.

We tried a LOT of things that did not work.   Like turning the Intel Graphics Command Center Power Saving Option to off.   Also hacked the registry to re-enable the Auto Dimming setting in the Advanced Windows Power option so we could turn it off (set it to 0).   Also noticed the Night Light was already off so that was no help.   Did a registry hack to permanently disable the Adaptive Brightness settings.   

We tried a LOT of other things and NOTHING worked for us.

We finally did find something that seems to work.    It may not work for you, but I am posting it because it might work for some people since it worked for us.

We went to Device Manager -> Batteries -> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and right clicked on it.   Then we selected 'Disable Device'.

So far nothing else has been affected.   Interestingly enough, the Intel Graphics Command Center Power controls disappeared from that application interface.

It has stopped the auto-dimming where nothing else we tried has succeeded.

Options

2382 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

151 Signins

13766 Page Views

• Views: 13766
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Laptop screen keeps dimming (IdeaPad 310)

2021-04-27, 16:01 PM

Hi Gaius Gracchus,

Thank you for openly sharing these steps to the thread and to the community. This would surely be a reference in the future for other folks going through a similar issue.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms