Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-12-2018

India

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Laptop starts when open the lid

2021-07-22, 15:10 PM

Laptop open up whenever open the lid of laptop IDEAPAD 5

No option in power setting where I can change the option of "what to do when I open lid"

Kindly advise as I don't want laptop to start until I press power button.

Options

4143 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

256 Signins

23063 Page Views

• Views: 23063
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Laptop starts when open the lid

2021-07-22, 17:32 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums,

You can try to check if the machine has the flip-to-boot feature is enabled.

Initiate a static drain or power drain: make sure that the device is in powered-off state and has remaining battery power to access the BIOS.

Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc). Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage. The machine is meant to remain turned off after holding power key.

Make sure that the machine is properly powered down/switched off. Locate the Novo Button on sides or underneath the device. This link shows how a Novo button should look like.

Access this using a paperclip. Machine will power up to Novo Menu after the button responded with a click. Navigate over the screen using the arrow keys on keyboard and then select BIOS Set Up.

Go to Configuration Tab, then look for the Flip to Boot feature if this is enabled, then disable it.

Go to Exit tab, select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter. The screen will fade out and then boot into Windows.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms