English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

Laptop stuck on "choose an option" & cant get in to the login screen. Maybe i uninstalled something

2020-09-16, 10:14 AM

Hello, I have a problem and hope someone knows what im talking about. When i turn on my laptop, it goes to a blue screen (normally it goes to a login password screen) and asks me to choose a keyboard language. I have no idea why its doing that,

-I pick the US keyboard and then

-It goes to a "choose an option" where i can  either "turn off my PC" or "go to troubleshoot"

-I tried restarting the computer and its the same thing nothing changes

- When i click on the trouble shoot i have several options (system restore, system image recovery, startup repair, command prompt, UEFI FIRMWARE SETTINGS, go back to the previous version)

- Clicking system restore gives me an error like message saying "to use system restore, you must specify which windows installation to restore. restart this computer, select an operating system and then select system restore". I tried restarting and nothing happens, i get the same message and screen

-Clicking system image recovery gives me another message saying " windows cannot find a system on this computer, attach the backup hard disk or insert dvd from a backup set and click retry. alternatively, close this dialog for more options." i have no idea what to do here

-Clicking startup repair gives me a message saying that "press advanced options to try other options to repair your pc or shut down to turn off your pc" ive tried both and it gives me the same thing.

-Clicking command prompt is just a command prompt, ive tried following a guy on youtube on how to fix it by entering in a bunch of different codes but nothing worked 

-Clicking UEFI firmware settings goes in to some gray screen but doesnt do anything

-Clicking go back to previous version doesnt work and a message "we ran in to a problem and wont be able to take you back to the previous version of windows 10. try resetting your PC instead"

Ive tried resetting and clicking every option they give me and nothing works its like the same loop. Idk why its like this, the only thing i can think of was that i was uninstalling a bunch of stuff yesterday to free up room on my laptop and maybe uninstalled something important?? I did notice that when i tried shutting down my laptop last night it just wouldnt shut down, instead it was just stuck on the login screen for some reason so i forced quit it by pressing on the power button HELP PLEASE

Thanks in advance

Options

11729 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7057 Signins

741009 Page Views

• Views: 741009
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Laptop stuck on "choose an option" & cant get in to the login screen. Maybe i uninstalled something

2020-09-16, 14:06 PM

Hi pmayonessa,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I you have exhausted all the advanced options to repair your Operating System, then perhaps you maybe interested to try doing dirty install/ parallel install.

On this type of installation, you do not format or delete the C drive but install Windows on it without deleting files so that old files are placed on the same C drive under Windows.old folder where you can get backed up and delete later.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Laptop stuck on "choose an option" & cant get in to the login screen. Maybe i uninstalled something

2020-09-16, 16:22 PM

Thank yo for replying, but how exactly do i install if i cant even login to my homepage? I dont see an option for installing 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete