English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-21-2019

TR

40 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo 310 Hard Disk Not Detected

2019-07-22, 10:41 AM

Hi Friends. Yesterday I couldn't open my pc. After Lenovo sign, chekcing media appears on the top left side of the screen. Then it gives a error like this :

PXE-E61: Media test failure , check cable

PXE - MOF exiting PXE ROM 

I tried to open Bios settings and I changed priority from Legacy to Uefi. But nothing changed, my computer has shut down again. Once I've solved this problem but now I can't do it.

I realized a problem on Bios Settings : Hard Disk  Not detected. How can I solve this problem completely? What should I do? I have important things on my Hard disk. How can I recover it? Please help me ?

Options

261 Posts

07-10-2019

GB

276 Signins

3728 Page Views

• Views: 3728
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo 310 Hard Disk Not Detected

2019-07-22, 11:15 AM

fwiw, either the hard drive has failed, or the motherboard is faulty if you cannot see the hard drive in the BIOS.

One option would be to remove the hard drive from your 310, and connect it as a 2nd drive to another working computer.  You can buy SATA to USB3 cables to connect the hard drive to another laptop.

http://download.lenovo.com/lts/RCNW1350/FOF/RCNW1350-310_REM_FRU_01_HardDiskDrive.mp4

If the other computer cannot see or access the hard drive removed from the 310, then I'm afraid the hard drive has suffered hardware failure.   To use third party professional data recovery services to try and retrieve any data will be Very expensive.

Options

134 Posts

10-18-2018

BA

152 Signins

2277 Page Views

• Views: 2277
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-07-22, 11:15 AM

Open your laptop and check if the hard disk is properly connected to the laptop. If you are unable to do that on your own try going to a person that specializes in repairing laptops etc. such as a friend or a co.worker or you can go to a authorized repair center and let them see if the drive is connected properly.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Options

103 Posts

03-09-2018

IN

36 Signins

903 Page Views

• Views: 903
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-07-22, 12:45 PM

This indicates a problem with your computer's PXE (pre-boot execution environment). Most often, this error occurs when your boot sequence is misconfigured in your BIOS, or your boot device (usually your hard drive) cannot be read correctly.

If you are getting this error, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Boot your computer and enter your BIOS Setup. Check that the boot sequenceis not configured for network boot. Make sure that your hard disk is listed in the boot sequence. Try making your hard disk the first device in your boot order using the keys shown at the bottom of your screen.
  2. If your hard disk is not listed as an option in your boot sequence, this may indicate that your hard drive has failed or the connection has come loose. If it is a desktop computer, you can power it down, open the case, and make sure that the connections to your hard drive are connected firmly and properly. In the image below, the power and data connections of a typical SATAhard drive are shown.

It is also possible the SATA cable is defective and the computer is not able to detect the hard drive due to a bad SATA cable. If the cables are firmly connected to the hard drive and to the motherboard, and the error still occurs, try replacing the SATA cable.

If your computer is a laptop, you may not be able to open it and check the connection. In this case, we recommend having a trained repair professional perform this task for you.

1. You may also want to check the jumpers on your hard drive to make sure they are configured correctly. Again, this is only recommended if it is a desktop computer, not a laptop. Consult your hard disk manual for more information about correct jumper settings.
  2. In your BIOS setup, look for diagnostics options to self-test your primary hard disk drive. Consult your computer or motherboard manual for details.
  3. If all else fails, try resetting your BIOS to factory default settings.

Regards,

Adrian

Admin note; unnecessary link removed

Regards,
Adrian Gates
System Administrator
Options

4 Posts

07-21-2019

TR

40 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-07-22, 20:37 PM

I even haven't open my pc's inside before... But I think I'll try this way. Tomorrow I'll buy a Sata to Usb converter. I hope it works :(

Options

8 Posts

04-03-2020

US

10 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:Lenovo 310 Hard Disk Not Detected

2020-05-12, 13:30 PM

Well, you can recover data from hard disk which is not detected with disk management. If the cable is properly connected and still the hard drive doesn’t appear, then try the below steps:

• Initially, open the Disk Management, go to the Computer >Manage > Storage > Disk Management. Here you will be able to see the preview of all the available drives in the system.
  • After that, the hard drive will easily show up under the Disk Management, even if it is not appearing anywhere else in the system.
  • At this time, if you see your drive here, format it, so that it will become accessible to Windows and after that you can get those deleted files back.

I hope the given solution will be helpful for you...Goodluck

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete