English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-17-2019

PH

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 330-15IKB 81DE Definite answer to RAM Upgrade

2020-09-18, 8:18 AM

Hi! I have a Lenovo 330-15IKB Type 81DE laptop with an MTM 81DE00J3PH and for a time now I have been struggling with RAM upgrades. I need to max out the device because I run pretty intensive software for my Engineering course, however as a newbie to laptop systems and upgrade I am struggling to find what exact amount of RAM my laptop can take at max. I began digging online but due to regional variations and differing opinions on the subject, I became even more confused so I came here as a last resort.  Ihav Iread all the manuals, but they aren' thorough.I I need a definite answer, whether 8GB or 16GB, I sincerely want it to be 16GB because I really need the extra juice. Thank you ! And Godbless! 

Solved! See the solution
Options

11834 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7072 Signins

741594 Page Views

• Views: 741594
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo 330-15IKB 81DE Definite answer to RAM Upgrade

2020-09-18, 12:55 PM

Hi allen_jarilla,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Officially, it is 16GB (offered for those without 4GB soldered ram while OEM offering is 12GB with 4GB soldered ram such as yours) also discussed here.

Unofficially, as shared by fellow members (message 5) still manage to install 16GB on the slot with their soldered 4GB onboard making a total of 20GB similar to Crucial offerings.

If you need it then this is worth a try.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete