English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-13-2018

US

12 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 330-15arr Blackscreen

2020-07-29, 21:14 PM

I have tried AMD drivers from 2018-2020 and this issue is persistent. The Windows basic display driver works fine, LINUX works great... but it don't need that right now. Windows will flicker to black-screen any time there is no animation playing. I honestly don't know how to fix this issue. I have DDU'd each time i try a new driver though the current 2018 driver i grabbed from Windows update catalog works for a while if i spam Super+Ctrl+shift+B. Neither any current or previous AMD drivers work and the Lenovo drivers from the support page for this laptop has the exact same effect. It's honestly irritating to have linux run perfectly for months then finally go back to hell and can barely get past the login screen

Options

143 Posts

05-14-2020

US

91 Signins

840 Page Views

• Views: 840
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo 330-15arr Blackscreen

2020-08-01, 17:04 PM

Hello,

I use a Lenovo 330 under Linux with no problems.

My configuration is:

Bios Boot mode:   UEFI

Linux Version:     Fedora Workstation.   I started a few years ago with OS version 25.  It has upgraded now to version 32, with version 33 on the cusp of being released.

With this configuration I have never had problems with driver functionality, so I can't provide any advice regarding black screens and so forth.   My opinion is these hardware interface issues are much more common when using the old obsolete Legacy boot method.  The legacy method was created BEFORE computers used mice, and color displays and graphical user interfaces.

To test Fedora, simply use the Fedora Workstation Live USB, download it from getfedora.org, use the special software from the SAME webpage to load it onto a usb, boot from it, and see if everything works.  (it does for me.)  After you see everything works, install it.  If everything does not work for you, try another flavor of Linux, maybe Debian? 

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete