English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-04-2020

ID

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Flex 14-IML Pen Support Confusion

2020-09-19, 19:04 PM

Hi, my sister recently bought a Lenovo Flex 14 IML. Since she's not that tech savvy, she asked me what pen is compatible with this laptop.

I bought the active pen 1 which turns out to be not supported. It is supported by Flex 14-IWL but not Flex 14-IML, and have returned the item to the third party seller I bought it from since. 

I've looked for more information about pen compatibility on Lenovo's website and found these 2 sources.

Accessories and Options Compatibility Matrix (OCM)

and

Product Specification Reference

The information I got from those 2 sources didn't match. The PSREF told me that Flex 14-IML doesn't support any pen. But from the OCM, the Excel file I downloaded shows that it supports Lenovo Digital Pen, Part number:  GX80U45010 (this). Which is out of stock for now.

I have some questions regarding this.

• Which one of the information is the correct one? Does it support any pen or does it not?
  • If it supports the Lenovo Digital Pen, can I buy it anytime soon?
  • If there is no official pen support, is there any third party pen that you can use with this laptop? 

My sister currently use a rubber tip stylus with her laptop. I tried getting a universal phone stylus with solid, small tip that requires battery. It works perfectly on my phone but constantly skips when used on the laptop. If this laptop cant detect pressure, I need a pen that have a small fine tip that you can use to take notes accurately.

Thank you

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete