Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-25-2018

Canada

14 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 31 of 49

Re: Lenovo Flex 5 1470 black screen flickering

2018-08-17, 15:22 PM

Yes, after not having any issues for several months after sending the system for repairs this problem has returned.

Options

1 Posts

01-06-2017

United States of America

10 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 32 of 49

2018-09-08, 5:25 AM

Rizzor,

I completely and begrudgingly feel your pain and am going thru the exact smae issues with one extra headache on top making me want to pull the hair out of my bald head.  My screen started flickering the day after the warranty expired. It's been getting progressively worse by the week.

But first I need to address the elephant in the forum post and the underlying, "read between the lines" statement you made that was quite obvious but summarily ignored by everyone. 

Why do the vast majority of computer companies increasingly make products with such high failure rates and filled with sop many errors?

Why is a product (software, hardware, or app) allowed to exist in the market place or be released for sale to the public without having been exhaustively tested with every conceivable failure fully resolved before the product launch?

Why have we as consumers allowed the companies to exist in a state of meteocrity by purchasing their products that have "known issues" or need updates? There shouldn't be a need for ridiculous updates or constant internet connection. It ridiculous!   

I have a Lenovo g510s Touch (PC1) I bought for school almost 7 years ago.  Aside from normal wear and tear on the cosmetic side of things, I've had little to no issues with that laptop.  I can almost immediately identifiy, solve or fix if a problem happens on the mechanical / parts / signal / power side of things.  But I'm NOT a software / program / code guy.  It makes no sense, it's not making humanities lives better because it constantly needs repair / updates  

Last year, I nearly had a heart attack my laptop suddenly wouldn't power on and everything I tried to correct the problem; failed.  Talk about life flashing before your eyes.  I know my way around a pc (commodore 64 to present user) well enough to find the vast majority of front line responses from the forums, help-desk, call-tree robots, chats, and virtual assistants to be down right offensive and insulting in their spectacular ability to almost never, directly address the problem being presented.  Worse yet if you talk to enough companies you'd swear they were all the same broken record.  "we didn't make that component so we can't help you". (Or buy our outrageously priced warranty). [Does anyone remember the mistakes the 1980's U.S. Automobile companies made and what happened?  Why aren't we as consumers demanding a better product over a cheaper, "quick and easy" product?]

The real headache:

As a result of my near death computer melt down I went and bought the Lenovo 4-1470 Convertible laptop [PC2] because it's 2017 stats are almost identical to the computer I bought nearly 7 years ago (but the new one has half the hard drive and half the RAM). I was able to miraculously power  the old one up about 8 days later without the slightest hiccup.  No clue why but it's purring like a kitten a year and a half later.  Here's the brain melter;

PC1 and PC2 are both running the idential Windows 10 build number as is my 2017 Windows 10 cell phone.  PC2 can add or subtract files from PC1 and it's 3 hard drives but PC1 can't see PC2 on the same managed wired router they run on. [Wi-Fi sucks!!! Stick with wires, less errors & more secure].  The Windows phone and PC1 can see other perfectly, but the windows phone can't see PC2. I've been trying to sove it for 6 months and everyone I've talked to, can't figure it out.  The stupidest thing is they are BOTH LENOVOS.  Not going to buy their products EVER AGAIN!   

Options

1 Posts

09-12-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 33 of 49

2018-09-12, 1:56 AM

Same problem here! I sent it back for repairs, I will receive it back tomorrow, I am hoping this problem is fixed. This is my first Lenovo. 

Options

3 Posts

09-21-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 34 of 49

2018-09-21, 3:44 AM

I found a solution to this problem. My laptop: Lenovo Flex 5 1470

I had the same issue as others here where-in my screen was going grey with vertical lines or otherwise freaking out all within a couple months of the inital purchase. It wasn't a constant-issue..sometimes the screen would be fine, othertimes it would not. Fast foward 10 months later--My warranty is within a couple months of expiring so I had my screen replaced (but not the LCD cable) from a Lenovo authorized repair station in my city. It worked for less than a day or two before the same issue returned. 

Next I followed the troubleshooting guide on Lenovo's website which instructs to update the video chipset driver. I did this but it did not solve my issue. Since my screen was sometimes turning grey during boot-up, the problem was hardware related.

Finally, I contacted Lenovo directly. I had the laptop repaired by a contracted service technician who replace the LCD cable that connects the screen to the main board. Voila. No issues so far. I was told this issue arises with other laptop makes as well! The cable routing and stress from the screen opening and closing apparently had damaged the cable. 

The following is for REFERENCE ONLY

A parts manual document is posted on the Lenovo website. Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5-1470 Manual

The cable for the Flex 5 1470 has part number 5C10N67449. You can search this number in the manual.

I hope this helps someone!

Admin note: link to 3rd party site replaced with official Lenovo download link

Options

16 Posts

05-10-2012

United States

29 Signins

188 Page Views

• Views: 188
  • Message 35 of 49

2018-10-14, 18:18 PM

Picked up my computer again. They replaced the entire screen, in addition to the cable this time. The cable is the one referenced in the above post by 14RC. Computer shop also told me they had several exactly identical models in the shop with the same issue. So I guess to prevent this from happening again, we should avoid opening / closing the computer as much as possible, thus making the Flex option of this device essentially useless; heck, I'm not even gonna use it as a laptop at this point. Its basically going to be a small desktop computer and I'm not going to adjust the screen at all or close it when I'm done using it. Think I'm done with Lenovo after this.

Options

5 Posts

08-06-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 36 of 49

2018-10-29, 12:36 PM

Hi, I tried it and replaced the LCD Cable. It didnt work and im super sad. Any other tips?

Options

1 Posts

05-19-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 37 of 49

2019-05-19, 9:47 AM
Is this the one for lenovo flex 5 1470 1080p:
https://www.amazon.com/Video-Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-1470-DC02002R900/dp/B07BHDBV1F?tag=picclick0f-20
Options

2019-05-19, 15:50 PM

wrote:
Is this the one for lenovo flex 5 1470 1080p:
https://www.amazon.com/Video-Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-1470-DC02002R900/dp/B07BHDBV1F?tag=picclick0f-20

That looks like it.

A used one : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Lenovo-Ideapad-Flex-5-1470-14-Laptop-LCD-Video-Cable-DC02002R900/123721310915

Options

4 Posts

08-31-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 39 of 49

2019-09-01, 18:44 PM

I agree.  Previous experience with this brand has been great and got an awesome price during holidays.  Been useles sense.  Even bought the overpriced pen.  

Thought I was getting a good deal on reliable product.    Price was good.  I travel and wanted lightweight.    Dell XPS my next stop. 

Glad and I am a tech that can repair, but the fact that I have to buy parts and repair myself is insane.  

I wont take to big store repair places. I spend too much time repairing their fubars.    

Hey Lenovo-  YOU FOLKS LISTENING?   No one responds.  

Bet it if I said I take out back and shoot it will have international news ?

Options

4 Posts

08-31-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 40 of 49

2019-09-01, 18:46 PM
I am waiting along others. Mine started to act up weeks before warranty and was on travel. Lenovo said take to store. Don’t think so.

I can almost live with the finger sensor not working. Will repair, sell and look at Dell again.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms