Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-20-2021

Argentina

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Flex 5 14ARE05 - Problem with USB 3.1-C

2021-06-20, 18:20 PM
Hi guys . I have a problem with a USB C 3.1 adapter
I bought a generic adapter to be able to connect a screen to my laptop through the USB C port.
When I connect the adapter and connect the monitor I have no response.
The adapter also has a USB C port for charging and a common USB port and both two work perfectly, the only problem is that it does not give an image, it does not detect the monitor. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance .
Options

3185 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18189 Page Views

• Views: 18189
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo Flex 5 14ARE05 - Problem with USB 3.1-C

2021-06-21, 1:32 AM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ikiasnico 

Checking on the product specification sheet of your Flex 5 14ARE05, the USB C port is classified as USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer and Power Delivery).

Hence, these two specific function of the USB C port is further elaborated in the user guide (page 3) as well. This is a USB C connector only:

Connect external storage or data devices.
Note: An appropriate adapter may be needed for connecting external devices. This connector cannot be used to connect external display devices.

In addition, there is an available HDMI port beside the USB C port and this is the only responsible port to connect any external monitor to extend the display.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

06-20-2021

Argentina

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-21, 14:03 PM
Thank you very much for your reply.
The only way to connect an additional monitor is through an HDMI? I have no way to connect another monitor? Not even from another common usb or using another adapter? Thank you very much in advance
Options

3185 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18189 Page Views

• Views: 18189
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-21, 15:54 PM

Hi @ikiasnico 

You're welcome. Checking on the product specification sheet shows: 

Monitor Support
Supports up to 2 independent displays via native display and 1 external monitor; supports external monitor via HDMI® (up to 4096x2160@24Hz)

Hence, the connection for external display for video is one and it's only through HDMI.

IF USB C is non DP capable then it only leaves HDMI as video extension. If you need dual external set up, then you can check out port replicators or docks instead. You may check for the docking compatibility matrix (using your machine type model / MTM) if there is one available and compatible to your machine.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms