English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

08-01-2020

AF

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 5 1570 - Touch screen not working and hard disk crashed

2020-08-01, 23:51 PM

Hi,

Need some help / advice on recovering from Hard disk crash issue and to fix touchscreen.

My Flex 5 laptop crashed a week ago and does not boot to windows, it just powers up enters into "Preparing Auto recovery" and never boots. 

i tried the below and nothing has helped so far

1. Recovery methods - UEFI Firmware reset, Reset options, Startup recovery 
  2. reset on CMOS battery 

Touchscreen had stopped working few months ago and i had tried to revert Driver updates  that was of no use.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Options

143 Posts

05-14-2020

US

91 Signins

840 Page Views

• Views: 840
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Flex 5 1570 - Touch screen not working and hard disk crashed

2020-08-07, 14:54 PM

Hello,

Have you tried creating a Bootable USB Repair image?   Windows knowledgebase has documentation for this, sometimes it is named Bootable Recovery image.

The method is starting with system off, plug in the bootable USB memory stick, (Or sd flash card) using F12 or F2 enter Bios and select boot order screen.  Make the USB first in the list and boot from that.

As you mentioned most likely issue is a broken hard drive.  Windows has a hardware validation program named chkdsk.  Read documentation on how to issue the command to have it automatically repair any damage detected.  When chkdsk completes and says the disk is useful, try booting into Windows.  IF that fails, reinstall windows.

System drives are widely available, nowadays solid state memory versions SSD are the best selection.

Good Luck,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete