Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-22-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Flex 5G Cellular Option missing from Networking Tab

2020-08-22, 5:09 AM

Hello everyone,

I have this issue to were the Cellular Option is missing from my Networking Tab in settings and I can no longer use 4G/5G features now. Worked perfectly when I first turned on my product but after I updated the computer to update 2004 the option is now gone and I can only use WiFi. 

Computer is completely up to date and my device is fully activated on MyVerizon.

I have tried Factory Resetting my device, going into Device Manager to try manual updates, checked to see if somehow the adapter was disabled and its not even under my networking tab. (Unless its considered the Qualcomm WiFi adapter. I see a lot of WAN adapters but nothing needs an update.)

Google is zero help to me as it seems like I am one of like maybe 10 people in the world who has this $1500 device and no one else has reported this and Verizon also has no idea as to why its not operating properly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am new to ARM systems and not too familiar as to how drivers/devices operate compared to non ARM systems. I feel like it has to be Windows or a driver that's bad since its not even an option to select anymore and I just don't know what name to look for. 

Options

5 Posts

01-29-2018

Taiwan,China

7 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo Flex 5G Cellular Option missing from Networking Tab

2020-08-25, 11:13 AM

Could you find "mobile broadband device" or " cellular" in your device manager?

Maybe its status changed to hidden probably.

Options

20052 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2559 Signins

64603 Page Views

• Views: 64603
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-08-31, 14:19 PM

@ Pure3ify wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have this issue to were the Cellular Option is missing from my Networking Tab in settings and I can no longer use 4G/5G features now. Worked perfectly when I first turned on my product but after I updated the computer to update 2004 the option is now gone and I can only use WiFi. 

Computer is completely up to date and my device is fully activated on MyVerizon.

I have tried Factory Resetting my device, going into Device Manager to try manual updates, checked to see if somehow the adapter was disabled and its not even under my networking tab. (Unless its considered the Qualcomm WiFi adapter. I see a lot of WAN adapters but nothing needs an update.)

Google is zero help to me as it seems like I am one of like maybe 10 people in the world who has this $1500 device and no one else has reported this and Verizon also has no idea as to why its not operating properly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am new to ARM systems and not too familiar as to how drivers/devices operate compared to non ARM systems. I feel like it has to be Windows or a driver that's bad since its not even an option to select anymore and I just don't know what name to look for. 

Hi.

Sorry we missed this. Are you still having the same problem? We're standing by.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

08-22-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-11-23, 1:00 AM

Yes, I still have this issue. Don't know why it is not working for me.

Sorry had open heart surgery so I have been away from my computer

Options

1 Posts

06-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-21, 20:33 PM

Hi, did you ever get a answer or find out what the problem is?  I'm having the same issues on mine I got back in March of this year. The cellular worked fine until it's first update and is gone. Under network adapters it's hidden and grayed out with a error under details. I've called Lenovo and have factory reset laptop, uninstalled driver and reinstalled. I've even had it exchanged with my phone provider and the new laptop did the same thing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms