English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-17-2020

US

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

Literal Melting Screen Issue - Lenovo Flex 6 14"

2020-09-17, 22:59 PM

So I bought a Flex 6-14ARR Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81HA last year, and earlier this year it had an issue where the upper left side of the screen got super hot and burned me after only being on for a few minutes. The laptop then shut off and refused to turn back on. I sent it off under warranty and they replaced the motherboard.

Now it is doing the same thing and gets so hot the plastic on the back of the monitor is melting! Of course, now it is "outside" warranty from earlier this year and calling support yields nothing.

Pictures:

What are my options now? I don't want to scrap the laptop as I bought it last year, but the issue it was sent in under warranty for was not permanently fixed and now the warranty has expired so I can't send it back. This laptop is only needed every couple months, so has very little wear.

Pictures also attached at the below directly.

Options

11784 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7065 Signins

741254 Page Views

• Views: 741254
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Literal Melting Screen Issue - Lenovo Flex 6 14"

2020-09-18, 1:04 AM

Hi HotPotato,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I suggest that you call in tech support or reach the chat channel and have this reported.

You can share them your Community post and I likewise would expect that they would ask for the images.

They would be able to track the work history and provide you with several options.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

09-17-2020

US

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Literal Melting Screen Issue - Lenovo Flex 6 14"

2020-09-18, 14:42 PM

Hi spidey101,

I mentioned calling into tech support on my original post. I tried the Warranty Support and General Support numbers.

Neither was interested in the issue seeing as it was:

• Warranty Status: Out of warranty
  • "Phone support for hardware issues" has expired
  • Model is no longer supported (it was released 2 years ago and I bought it last year)

Lenovo LiveChat does not even load up for me, it just says "Chat support is not available for this product" when starting it.

The repair ticket actually still says "In Progress" even though it had been returned months ago, so not even that is up to date.

This forum is the last of the 5 "Contact Us" links under the Help page. It seems all other methods have failed.

I'm starting to think this could be a fire hazard. Right now it is a paperweight, but if you touch the power button it will light up. There are a couple other posts these last few years with this same issue and they mention there was never a reported incident before. Looks like I'm coming in a bit late to the reports and following that trend.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete