Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

01-22-2015

United States of America

38 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Idea Pad Flex-15IML, remove lower case

2021-06-04, 16:33 PM

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Idea Pad Flex-15IML which was purchased from Costco in Feb 2020.  I want to replace the battery but I am having problems removing the lower case. I have the Hardware Maintenance Manual for this laptop.

The picture in the Manual for my model shows 10 screws on the bottom, 9 of which are to be removed and one that is different and must be loosened but not removed.  On my laptop all of the 10 screws are identical.  I easily removed the 10 screws.

Here is my problem.  The next step is the use a pry tool to remove the lower case.  The edge of my computer, viewed from the computer lying upside down, does not have a seam to use the pry tool on.  The only seam I can find is when the computer is lying with the keyboard up.  This seam is at the edge but can not be seen when the computer is upside down.  The seam is very tight and I would have to force a pry tool in this seam to separate it.  I think this would leave marks on the case.  Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I think my Lenovo, purchased from Costco, has a slightly different case.

Thank you,

Joe

Options

3185 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18189 Page Views

• Views: 18189
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo Idea Pad Flex-15IML, remove lower case

2021-06-04, 16:53 PM

Hi joehesse,

Thank you for taking the time to post here. It would be a good start to share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help in specifying your machine variant. A machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Also, please share a snapshot on the issue your are reporting.

Update us soon as convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

34 Posts

01-22-2015

United States of America

38 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-21, 15:39 PM

Thank you for your reply.  Again, my problem is opening the case on my LenovoFlexPad-15IML to replace the battery.

Attached (inserted) are 3 photos.

The first shows all the serial numbers on the bottom of the computer.

The second shows the bottom of the computer.  You can see the screws to remove the back of the computer but there is no visible seam to pry up.

The third shows the top of the open computer. You can see a seam but it is very tight.  Is the the one I should pry open after the screws on the back are removed?

Thank you,

Joe Hesse

Options

3185 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18189 Page Views

• Views: 18189
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-22, 8:33 AM

Hi @joehesse 

Thanks for getting back in the thread. If all the screws are unscrewed on the top, mid, and bottom section of the cover, I would advise to try getting a guitar pick (a metallic one preferably) or something similar to the latter that you can use.

As long as the screws are unscrewed, open the laptop on 45 degrees with the laptop monitor underneath, use a guitar pick or similar opening tool and stick it right between the top and bottom cover then work/move it around to the from mid to left/mid to right. Close the laptop and the lid should slowly come off.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms