English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-23-2020

AF

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaPad 15-IKBD Webcam Driver does not want to install

2020-09-23, 6:04 AM

Here's an explanation on what's wrong with my laptop:

- My Lenovo IdeaPad 15-IKBD webcam began to have a red tinted video feed

• - Attempted to uninstall and reinstall driver
  • - Computer froze then BSOD
  • - Reset the PC

I attempted to reinstall the driver, but I had to reset the PC again.

And also, my webcam light is stuck open. Please help me, as I am in the middle of doing online classes.

16008408657216359536288078397375.jpg 16008408898427390529828764777332.jpg
Options

1073 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

128 Signins

5946 Page Views

• Views: 5946
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad 15-IKBD Webcam Driver does not want to install

2020-09-23, 11:12 AM

@ @nathanielsean wrote:

Here's an explanation on what's wrong with my laptop:

- My Lenovo IdeaPad 15-IKBD webcam began to have a red tinted video feed

• - Attempted to uninstall and reinstall driver
  • - Computer froze then BSOD
  • - Reset the PC

I attempted to reinstall the driver, but I had to reset the PC again.

And also, my webcam light is stuck open. Please help me, as I am in the middle of doing online classes.

Hi nathanielsean,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What reset did you use ? The Windows recovery or the factory reset button through the Novo Button

If so, then try to use webcamtests.com to check the camera and maybe find better compatible drivers for it.

In the event this doesn't work, and you did perform a factory reset of the device, then I am inclined to think that the camera hardware is faulty. Especially considering you are getting BSOD's using it and being forced to reset the PC.

I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

09-23-2020

AF

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-23, 20:07 PM

I used the Windows recovery reset (with the option to remain the files) , although I would like to ask if there's a possibility that the drivers are corrupted? And also I'd like to ask if the reason why it crashed is because there was no Lenovo EasyCamera application installed?

Options

1073 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

128 Signins

5946 Page Views

• Views: 5946
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-24, 8:09 AM

@ @nathanielsean wrote:

I used the Windows recovery reset (with the option to remain the files) , although I would like to ask if there's a possibility that the drivers are corrupted? And also I'd like to ask if the reason why it crashed is because there was no Lenovo EasyCamera application installed?

Hi nathanielsean,

It could be a possibility. 

What you could try is this :

1. Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator

2. Now type the sfc /scannow command

3. Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.

• If the same error repeats, return to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

**Note: This utility will replace any corrupted Windows file with fresh copies downloaded from Microsoft’s server. It’s important that you have a stable internet connection before initiating this scan.

I do not believe it would blue screen or freeze because there is no application installed, that seems a bit excessive to me, but I have seen weirder things. You might want to try and get a hold of the application and test.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete