Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-08-2021

Greece

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad 3-15ARE05 fan problems

2021-04-08, 5:18 AM

Hi, it seems like after an update to lenovo software (via the windows update feature) I have encountered a problem where the fans dont turn on at all thus leaving the top side of the keyboard (under which the fan exhaust is) pretty warm and even unreasonably hot during gaming, I have even noticed that in task manager the integrated amd graphics gpu can get over 60 degrees celcius. This seems to have started after that update or at least thats when I noticed it since Im pretty used to the jet-like sound of the fans spinning. Anyway, this definitely affects gaming performance and Im just worried it may affect my laptop's longevity, I have tried switching fan modes in lenovo vantage and it doesnt change anything. I was just curious if it was just a problem with this update or if there is something I have to do to fix this. (Btw the laptop is a couple months old so I highly doubt the fans died on their own)

Options

1837 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

112 Signins

10585 Page Views

• Views: 10585
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad 3-15ARE05 fan problems

2021-04-08, 13:09 PM

Hello T4bletopG4mes,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for starting a post here in the community.

I would like to suggest first try checking if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the recommended version on the support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual update then find the BIOS drivers. Check-compare the versions and let us know.

Also, here are basic troubleshooting measure to check if you can minimize the fan noise.

You may check first on Lenovo Vantage and find any of the settings to set the fan into Quiet mode.

If there is no option on Lenovo Vantage, go ahead and proceed to check it on BIOS.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle.
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power on the machine.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the machine (power, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, etc).
- Ensure device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down power button for as long as 60 seconds.
- The machine should remain in off state. 

Access the Novo button, the machine will show Novo Menu, use keyboard and select BIOS Set Up - head to Configuration tab and look for quiet mode. Tap on F10 key to Save and Exit.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-08-2021

Greece

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad 3-15ARE05 fan problems

2021-04-10, 0:51 AM

Weirdly enough it fixed itself but its really weird that happened after an update...Anyway thanks for the help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms