Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-25-2021

Russian Federation

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 - Weird touchpad behavior

2021-03-25, 13:18 PM

Good day!
My touchpad starts working weird whenever I connect an external network card to one of the laptop's USB ports - mouse cursor starts lagging, touchpad registers button presses despite me not pressing anything. Same thing occurs when I connect my smartphone with USB Type-C to the laptop to charge it. Although it's not as severe in this case and there are no false button presses.
Has anyone encountered this? How can I fix this? The model I use is Lenovo IdeaPad 14ARE05 (81YM005JRK).

P.S. Apparently the touchpad is lagging even when I disconnect all of the USB devices

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Views: 8240
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad 5 - Weird touchpad behavior

2021-03-25, 13:31 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums morning_flex,

Thanks for reaching out to the boards. Please try to perform a power drain and load the BIOS to defaults and check for any improvement.

Perform power cycle: shutdown the machine, disconnect all external/peripheral devices (external mouse, keyboard, flashdrives, etc.), press and hold down the power button for 30-45 seconds to drain flea power.

Access the Novo button (a tiny pinhole with a U-turn arrow icon next to it) to turn on the device, the Novo menu will be shown in the screen. Select the BIOS Set Up.

Navigate using the arrow keys to select the EXIT menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter. Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter. Your computer will start up.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

03-25-2021

Canada

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-03-25, 19:08 PM

I have the same problem with the Lenovo FLEX-14API. I can barely use the touchpad as soon as there is a USB device connected. I installed all the recent driver from Lenovo and nothing help except disconnecting every USB device. 

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-03-26, 18:46 PM

Hello Dan_Pil,

You can follow the standard steps on troubleshooting as mentioned on the link, Uninstall the touchpad driver from the Device Manager then reinstall the version available in the support site after. Enter the machine serial number to load the correct drivers, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual tab.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

03-25-2021

Russian Federation

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-04-07, 15:37 PM

It may sound weird but the problem was somehow fixed all by itself. Maybe it's connected to Windows updates in some way, I don't know.

Thanks for help anyway.

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-07, 17:22 PM

Hi morning_flex,

Good to know your touchpad is fixed now. If you have anything for peer to peer discussion, you are free to initiate a new post in the community board.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms