English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

06-07-2019

CL

9 Signins

113 Page Views

• Views: 113
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad 720S Fan Noise

2019-09-30, 10:13 AM

Hello,

I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 720S that has an i7 7500 with 128 SDD and 8 gb of RAM. The thing is that a few months ago I decided to restore the PC and updated Windows too, and after this the computer fans started to sound like crazy, for example when Chrome was open with one web it started sounding a lot. I contacted lenovo services and they changed the fans but even after that it kept sounding. I think is a software thing because the computer sometimes start to sound randomly, for example sometimes it sounds like for one hour and then it shut up. I usually monitor the task administrator to see if a process is consuming too much CPU or memory but I don't happen to find a common task that would be the cause of the fans going on all the time.
Please if someone know how to stop this, tell me about it because it's been driving me crazy and I don't think a computer with this specs should sound this much, specially considering that I bought this computer expecting it wouldn't happen all this and I don't want to change my pc yet.
Sending it to Lenovo Services now it's not an option (I can't right know, and they already changed the fans), restoring the PC neither (I have done it several times), so if anyone has any other idea I would really appreciate it.
Thank you very much

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 720S Fan Noise

2019-10-31, 19:43 PM

Hi Jose215! Welcome to our forums community. Try running the update from the Vantage app. Install all available updates especially the BIOS. If the issue is the same, we suggest you reaching out to our support for further assistance or you can bring it to any of our listed authorized service centers here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, filter the country.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete