Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

Iran (Islamic Republic of)

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 8

Lenovo IdeaPad L3 does not power on after cleaning its surface on just battery mode

2021-06-02, 7:55 AM

Hi!

Machine Type Model:81Y3000SAX,

When I clean the Lenovo Ideapad L3 external surfaces (screen, back of screen, keyboard front, bottom case) using a microfiber cloth and glass liquid. After that, I push power button when laptop is on battery mode but It does not turn on at all. But when I plug in charger then It turns on and It shows previous level of battery. After that, it powers on in both battery mode and plug in mode. This cycle repeats when I clean the laptop surfaces again.

Please help me know what’s the problem behind cleaning laptop surface that stop its booting on battery mode and need plug in once to recover it.
Laptop is new and I bought it one month ago!

Answer
Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

5 Signins

20 Page Views

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad L3 does not power on after cleaning its surface on just battery mode

2021-06-08, 6:18 AM

I found the issue, when I clean keyboard front I press multiple buttons with cloth and machine goes to shipping mode. More Information was provided in the following link.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502252-how-to-disable-the-internal-battery-ideapad-310310s510510s

Replies(7)
Options

4067 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

252 Signins

22678 Page Views

• Views: 22678
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad L3 does not power on after cleaning its surface on just battery mode

2021-06-02, 8:19 AM

Welcome to the Community Forums HadiKa,

Thanks for sharing a post. Please initiate a static drain on the machine first:

Perform a static discharge/power cycle

- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- The machine should remain in off state. Try after 60 seconds, turn the machine on again.

Kindly share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) indicated on the sticker underneath the device, this will help identifying your machine variant. A machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Let us know as soon as possible.

Regards.

Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-06-02, 8:27 AM

Thanks for your contribution in this topic

Machine Type Model is:  81Y3000SAX
Options

4067 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

252 Signins

22678 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-06-02, 9:25 AM

Hi HadiKa,

You may get back in the thread and let us know to further assist.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-06-07, 13:10 PM

Hello,

Today, I cleaned the laptop again and the above mentioned problem was occured.

I held power button for 1 minute on battery mode but the laptop did not power on.

I have to plugged in laptop in order to turned it on.

Now it powers on both plugged in and battery until next clean up!

Whats possible problems behind this strang case?

Options

4067 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

252 Signins

22678 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-06-07, 18:42 PM

Hi HadiKa,

There could be multiple issues why the machine ran into that kind of problem, it might be on the battery itself. It could be on the programs or on the update running in the background that was not properly configured. The most believable reason would be on how it was used and what kind of task was being performed before it ran in that issue.

Regards.
Dex

Answer
Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-06-08, 6:18 AM

I found the issue, when I clean keyboard front I press multiple buttons with cloth and machine goes to shipping mode. More Information was provided in the following link.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502252-how-to-disable-the-internal-battery-ideapad-310310s510510s

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4067 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

252 Signins

22678 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-06-08, 8:55 AM

Hi HadiKa,

Thanks for the response. Good to know that you found the mode your device. The link you've provided may help other folks who might run into the same incident in the future.

You are free to initiate a post in the Community boards whenever you need help some time.

Regards.
Dex

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms