Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-13-2021

Slovakia

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming: The mute mic button on F4 not working

2021-04-13, 6:39 AM

Hello!

So I've got my laptop like a year ago, and I'm really satisfied with it, but approximatelly 2 weeks ago, my mic mute button situated on the F4 key isn't working. It was working back then, it was really useful, it muted my mic on the whole laptop and showed me the icon of muting and unmuting. 

I've tried several solutions, but it was no use, because my problem wasn't really discussed. I found somebody with the same problem, but there wasn't a proper solution, so I couldn't do anything. 

Note: All of the other key such as brightness (F11-F12) or for example volume buttons (F1,F2,F3) are working perfectly. I tried combinations with Fn or Alt, but it was no use.  
I also have a second monitor, keyboard and headset, so I tried unpluging them all or look at their settings, the problem wasn't there. 

I'm really desperate, I've tried everything and I don't even know, what could've caused this. 

Thank you for your help! Have a nice day!

Answer
Options

143 Posts

12-28-2020

China

73 Signins

1305 Page Views

• Views: 1305

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming: The mute mic button on F4 not working

2021-04-20, 2:33 AM

Hi;

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

The feature of F4 is handled by Lenovo Utility.

So you firstly need to check whether the lenovo  Utility is installed and whether it is runing.

If the lenovo utility was installed successfully, you can see it like the picture shows below:

If it is running correctly, you can see it in "Task Manager",as the picture shows below:

More, you can press the CapLock key to see whether there is a icon displaying screen.

Then tell me the result about all above. thank you.

Replies(5)
Options

1748 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

10115 Page Views

• Views: 10115
  • Message 2 of 6

2021-04-13, 13:44 PM

Hello medvedicesnak,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for initiating a post in the community board. There might be a need to isolate the issue first.

For some keys that are not working, try to follow the troubleshooting steps here. https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht103985-keyboard-keys-may-not-work  

Also, try to test the keyboard again using an external USB keyboard.

If the on-screen keys work along with the external keyboard yet failed to operate in the CMD lines, this can be a hardware issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2021

Slovakia

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-13, 17:37 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it. 

So.. none of the solutions worked for me, even plugging the external keyboard in. I'm afraid, that you are right about it being a hard-drive problem. Are there any solutions to fix that? 

Thank you so much again! I'm looking foward to your reply. 

Options

1748 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

10115 Page Views

• Views: 10115
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-04-15, 16:25 PM

Hi medvedicesnak,

Thank you for going through the recommended steps. It appears then that there is a problem with the individual key you are reporting. It would be best then to try getting in touch with any nearby service facility in your region to have the keyboard key checked for you.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Answer
Options

143 Posts

12-28-2020

China

73 Signins

1305 Page Views

• Views: 1305
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-04-20, 2:33 AM

Hi;

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

The feature of F4 is handled by Lenovo Utility.

So you firstly need to check whether the lenovo  Utility is installed and whether it is runing.

If the lenovo utility was installed successfully, you can see it like the picture shows below:

If it is running correctly, you can see it in "Task Manager",as the picture shows below:

More, you can press the CapLock key to see whether there is a icon displaying screen.

Then tell me the result about all above. thank you.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2021

Slovakia

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-21, 8:55 AM

So I remebered that this is one of the apps that I uninstalled, because I thought it was not needed for the notebook. So I installed it back and it works again! Thank you so much, I'm so happy that you helped me solve this problem! Thank you again and have a nice day!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms