Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 9 (Camera lag - is there a fix?)

2021-04-21, 19:59 PM

I have a lag on the video from my integrated webcam. My audio isn't delayed, but my video will usually be 5-6 seconds behind my audio.  For example, if I am in a video conference, I can hear a question and respond verbally with no delay but my video is 5-6 seconds late. I noticed turning on and off the camera helps "reset" the video and fixes the lag, but over time lag creeps back up. 

I have made sure all drivers are current. Checked Window Update. I have run Lenovo diag programs. I have also tried to rule out hardware acceleration.  I see no issue in the process monitor (RAM, CPU, etc) that would tell me the computer is struggling to process the video from my webcam. Nothing has fixed this delay. 

Any suggestions?

This is for a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 9 14ITL5. Many thanks. 

Options

1844 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

112 Signins

10610 Page Views

• Views: 10610
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 9 (Camera lag - is there a fix?)

2021-04-21, 20:20 PM

Hello GHs88888,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This could be a thing with the applications being used. Would the same issue happen on other meeting platforms: like google meet, skype, zoom, etc.? I might suggest that you try to isolate the issue by trying to catch a video clip from the camera application itself, to see if the main camera can handle movement and sound together compared to using it online. 

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-22, 0:31 AM
Yes, the same issue happens across other meeting platforms (google meet, zoom, etc).
Options

1844 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

112 Signins

10610 Page Views

• Views: 10610
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-22, 14:53 PM

Hi GHs88888,

What happened to the recorded video clip that was instructed to you on previous reply? - Was it also lagging even in recorded video? Let us know.

I might advise trying to run a diagnostics to your machine to see if there could be any hardware factor triggering the issue. You may include the scan results here.

Also, try to boot into safe mode with networking and then check if your camera would still show the same slow response in this mode.

Update us when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms