English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-07-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 130-15IKB battery problem

2020-07-07, 5:38 AM

Hi

we have a new lab with about 15 laptops of Lenovo Ideapad 130-15IKB. recently we faced a problem with these laptops; some of them (3 laptops till now) didn't turn on (with and without power - no response at all). to solve this problem we just opened the laptop, pulled out the built-in battery and put it back. on two of the three laptops that trick was work, on the third laptop the problem back after few hours after battery reset.

B.S. all laptops are  working on charger all the time.

I found a case that exactly the same here on community on the link below

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Lenovo-Ideapad-130-15-battery-over-charge/td-p/4391856

can any one help on this issue?

Thank you very much,,,

Options

143 Posts

05-14-2020

US

91 Signins

840 Page Views

• Views: 840
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo Ideapad 130-15IKB battery problem

2020-07-08, 4:27 AM

Hello,

For the units that are running, Windows Control Panel, (Soon to transition to "Settings")  has a power management feature named "maximum battery life."  That enables a reduced maximum charge amount, often 50%.  So if the batteries installed are 30 Amp-Hour capacity the charging will stop at 15 Amp-Hours.  The modern lithium ion batteries last more months before requiring replacement using this scenario.

For the units that don't start, have you tried holding the power button down for a prolonged period before releasing it?  I use an entire minute according to stopwatch.  Both with and without the energized power cord connected?  I suggest contacting Warranty support and letting them know you have a lab full of equipment.  Also, can you contact the business that supplied the machines?  To reach Lenovo Warranty team, click on the "SUPPORT" word at the top of the screen.  Then PC, then laptop, then enter system information.  Type the serial number in on the final screen and the machine data access page will open. There is an autodetect button for this information, but it is hard to use that when the machine won't turn on.   Click on Warranty.  Time of warranty varies with the country of use, however almost all countries have warranty run from date of PURCHASE.  If the warranty shows from date of manufacture, there is a simple form to fill out to update that.

Good luck and STAY HEALTHY!

Usedtoberich

Options

1 Posts

07-07-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-07-29, 7:59 AM

Thank you very much for your reply.

I did not find the "maximum battery life." feature in Windows 10 control panel. OS is Windows 10 1903. could you give me the exact path to it.

Thank you,

Options

143 Posts

05-14-2020

US

91 Signins

840 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-07-29, 14:04 PM

Hello,

For power and battery settings move to Windows -Settings- System  then check under battery and power.   There is is confusing variety of sub-windows.  I just checked on my wife's PC, she is a teacher, but I could not find the exact screen I mentioned.  It may depend on version of windows installed, home vs professional. And Windows is constantly changing.

The feature of Lithium Ion batteries is deep discharge and overcharging cause the most damage.   So try not to use the battery to exhaustion on a routine basis, and don't leave it at 100% charge continuously.  Battery software today automatically will allow the battery to discharge somewhat, then recharge it.  A message in the power window saying battery connected but not charging will show when this is active.  The battery will discharge to 90 - 95%, then recharge automatically.

There may be a slider in power settings to allow you to set a lesser maximum charge level for this process.  But you will need to look hard for it, perhaps make that a student assignment? :)

Sincerely

Usedtoberich

Options

143 Posts

05-14-2020

US

91 Signins

840 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-08-01, 16:49 PM

Hello,

Try using the Lenovo Vantage software, that might have the setting for charging to a reduced maximum.

Lenovo Vantage might already be installed, check under "L" of software listing.  If not, download it from Microsoft store apps.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete