English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-17-2018

CZ

2 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ikb Problems

2019-05-29, 11:35 AM

Hello. 

So today I was just browsing facebook and chating with my bf when my keyboard suddenly stopped working. Nothing worked and the lights were still on. My mouse was working so I went to a menu and clicked the Restart button. 

It truned off and started to turn on but it got stuck on the Lenovo loading screen. Mouse wasn't visible, not F button worked. I let it load for 20+ minutes. Nothing. I did a hard restart and again. 20+ minutes waiting on the loading screen. 

So I tried the NOVO button. I turned it off and pressed the NOVO button. No NOVO setup menu went on. Instead it jumped AGAIN to Lenovo loading screen. I tried doing it 2 more sometimes and nothing.

Again I tried a hard restart. That seemed to work. But while it was loading messegas like "Diagnostic of computer in progress" etc. 
Blue screen showed up saying that Auto repair won't fix the issue but I could continue and try to start Windows, so I did. 

The problem is this is not the first time it happened - about half a year ago the same thing happened - keyboard (and eventually mouse) stopped working, I had to do a hard restart. Except that time I let the battery drain during the night. 
Now I don't have the time to let it drain again. Also it is exam season here, all of my notes are stored in my hardware. 

I'm just not sure the issue is fixed and I can't afford to send the computer away. 

If anybody has any suggestions or tips, I would really appreciate it. 

Options

283 Posts

08-02-2018

US

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ikb Problems

2019-05-30, 9:52 AM

Hi Eruvee.

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

We'd like to know, are you referring to the whole keyboard that is not working or are there any specific keys only? Could you try to boot into safe mode so we can further isolate the keyboard issue? Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Here's how:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht116905

Do you have a photo of the blue screen error that you're getting so we can see the exact error?

Keep us posted.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete