Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-27-2018

Spain

11 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB + Samsung 970 EVO SSD

2018-11-28, 1:00 AM

Hi Forum Users,

I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKBR and a Samsung 970 EVO M2 SSD  thinking on expanding the storage and velocity of the laptop.

What I did not expected was that when I opened the back plate there wasn't any slot to connect the M2 SSD, that I only had a Dummy plastic piece near a unknown connection (maybe a m-SATA connection?).

My question is that I don't know how to connect my M2 SSD to this connection. I want to know what is the best solution for my problem:

• if I can connect my SSD directly to this connection,
  • if I can connect my SSD directly to this connection with an adapter,
  • if i have to buy an adapter for this plastic piece + a SATA SSD instead of the M2 I have,
  • or if i have to use a m-SATA SSD (that I also do not know) instead of the M2 I have.

I haven't found any adaptor for any of these problems, the only I found are those adaptors for the plastic pieces (for other ideapad versions): 1 and 2.

Can anybody help me with this issue? I was looking in older topics from this forum but I did not found any useful answer.

Thanks so much!

PD: Some of my specs:

Intel Core i5-8250U

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Radeon 530

15.6"

Options

1 Posts

01-12-2019

India

1 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB + Samsung 970 EVO SSD

2019-01-12, 18:59 PM

I think there is no m.2 slot in your motherboard. You should buy a SATA SSD (samsung evo 860 ).
but here's the problem ,you have to replace the HDD with an SSD .
PS-send an image of your motherboard

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms