Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-21-2021

Pakistan

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 330s

2021-07-21, 19:22 PM

hi
my laptop automatically shutdown while i'm using it.

Options

3178 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18159 Page Views

• Views: 18159
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Ideapad 330s

2021-07-21, 19:50 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @Arahimx 

It would be good if you can complete the name of your laptop and also share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) indicated on the sticker underneath the device, this will help identifying your machine variant.

Regarding the random shutdown. Try running a diagnostics scan for any possible hardware related failure that could be close to the shutdown. You may share the simplified scan result here.

Check if your current BIOS version is the same as the recommended BIOS version uploaded on the support site. Use your serial number to load the drivers, head to Drivers and Software tab > Manual Update tab then look for BIOS/UEFI. Here's how to check your current BIOS version.

You can try to reload the BIOS to defaults as well:

Start with a static drain or power drain: disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc). 

Make sure that the device is powered off first. Then press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage. The machine is meant to remain turned off after holding power key.

Make sure that the machine is still powered down/switched off. Locate the Novo Button on sides or underneath the device.

- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Exit Menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Your device should boot again to Windows.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)