Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Ideapad 5i Pro 16 Making weird sound through speakers like BSOD

2021-07-19, 15:35 PM

Hello!

I got my brand new Ideapad 5i Pro 16 some days ago. 
I've been using my laptop normally. It has happened twice to me that, while playing music or watching a video, a strange oversaturated continuous sound sounded. Like the one that sounds when a BSOD happens. I'm worried that something is wrong with my laptop because I'm going to leave the US and go to Ireland and also this is the second Lenovo laptop I bought in the last 2 weeks because the first one, ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 Intel, came with a defective keyboard and trackpad.

If I would have to send this laptop back it would be a real pity. I don't really think that will be necessary, but I want to know why I've heard that sound twice.

Thanks in advance.

If you guys need further info just ask please. 

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Views: 17879
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Lenovo Ideapad 5i Pro 16 Making weird sound through speakers like BSOD

2021-07-20, 12:20 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums,

Kindly share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) indicated on the sticker underneath the device, this will help identifying your machine variant. A machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-07-20, 14:26 PM

Of Course Dex. Thanks for your reply. 

Here is my MTM: 82L9000KUS

In wait of your response.

Greetings,

Patrick.

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-07-20, 18:10 PM

Hi @patrickft 

I would advise try to isolate the issue if rolling back the drivers in Device Manager would help.

Else, if it didn't make any difference, proceed on uninstalling and then reinstalling the audio drivers directly from the support site.

Go to your Device Manager and then uninstall the audio drivers first. Then go to the support site, use your machine serial number to load the drivers. Go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual  Update tab, and then complete the installation of audio drivers. Restart the machine.

You could try to use an external earphone or external speakers to compare the audio if the same sound would be replicated through these items.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-07-22, 14:02 PM

Hello,

My computer did again the same sound. But this time I noticed that the video that I was playing also paused. 

I had just turned my laptop on. Started playing a ltt video. And after some seconds the video froze for like half a second and the sound thing happened again. 

What could it be?

I'm really worried.

Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2021-07-22, 15:28 PM

Hello again,

I was playing minecraft while listening to a video and the screen went black. I couldnt do nothing. Nevertheless the video sound kept playing but I could pause it. I closed the lid, re open it, and the screen turned on again.

Im worried bro please help me.

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2021-07-22, 18:56 PM

Hi,

It seems there are random stuff going on with the machine that have just occurred for the first time. It might be worth a try to observe for another occurrence of these if it would most likely occur on the same activity.

Try running a diagnostics scan to the machine for any possible hardware issue that could be related to other issues.

Check if there could be pending windows update on the machine running in the background waiting to be installed.

Try to perform a clean boot with the machine and then see if the same activity on the device would occur afterwards.

Otherwise, for a relatively new machine, you may want to reach out to the technical team for further recommendation on these multiple technical issues.

Regards.
Dex

Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-07-22, 19:22 PM
There are no pending updates. The things I've told you occur randomly do using a clean boot wont work because I don't know when they are going to happen.
Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2021-07-24, 18:54 PM

Helllo Dex,

I've got some new info. The strange sound + freezing of screen happens after turning the laptop on. It wont occur if the laptop was hibernating or something like that.

What comes to my mind is that a program or something is causing this. Maybe some drivers? What do you think? Im going to make some tests booting in safe mode. Does that seems correct to you?

Options

7 Posts

07-19-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-07-28, 20:27 PM

Yo Dex, are you still gonna help me, or not.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms