Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-05-2021

Netherlands

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 700-17ISk upgrade to Windows 11

2021-11-25, 4:36 AM

A few years ago I bought a Lenovo Ideapad 700-17ISK

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz

It now turns out that when I check if this Laptop is suitable to upgrade to Windows 11 it comes back this Laptop's processor is not good enough for Windows 11, while I see other processors in the list of compatible processors that a much older and have less performance.

Pretty disappointed at Lenovo for this and wondered if others have similar experiences with their Laptop's not being compatible.

Options

5324 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30387 Page Views

• Views: 30387
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Ideapad 700-17ISk upgrade to Windows 11

2021-11-25, 14:07 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @Effendi2021 ,

As of writing, checking on the Lenovo devices tested for Windows 11 system, it shows that Lenovo Ideapad 700-17ISK is not yet listed among the compatible devices.

Windows 11 is just released and it is entirely on early stage of development. As mentioned in this post, Microsoft is a separate company from Lenovo, especially during major changes, sometimes specific versions of specific computer models are not fully functional in the beginning. Furthermore, Microsoft is in charge of the development of their OS and distributing the Windows 11 drivers. It happened that the first system version of Windows 11 is made available on some machine models that met its initial requirements. We were to wait until a version will be made available for such devices and other devices.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms