Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-23-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 DEAD

2021-04-23, 19:57 PM

Hey all, so 3 days ago I was on my laptop (Flex 5, the one with that can be used as a touchpad) messing around on FL Studio when all of a sudden my computer just shut off unexpectedly. It immediately cut to black, no power off screen or nothing. I thought maybe the battery had died since I have a bad habit of not charging it often. So, I plug in the charger that came with the laptop but the charging light did not come on at all, my laptop was completely dead. No power, no lights, nothing. I tried draining the power by holding the power button for 30 seconds to a minute, but that didn't work. I was not able to remove the battery as I dont have the tools needed so I was forced to return it to the Microcenter where I had bought it along with a warranty (Thank God bc this little computer is EXPENSIVE) 

I was curious to see if this has happened to anyone else with an Ideapad or any other Lenovo laptop as this is my first Lenovo device. 

I have not had any issues with the computer up until now, and I've only had it for 10 months or so. Such a huge bummer.

Options

2435 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

155 Signins

14071 Page Views

• Views: 14071
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 DEAD

2021-04-23, 21:18 PM

Hello Bromanguydude,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Apologies to know about what happened. Issues like this happens for some reason that may vary, it could possibly, just for example, happen due to updates pending in the background and were not properly installed. It varies depending on the situation on how the device was being used before the issue occured.

For such instances like this, it is good that you have done preliminary troubleshooting steps to the device. It might be good thing to consider as well trying to contact the technical team for them to provide you further recommendation knowing the machine might still be in warranty.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-23-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-24, 19:47 PM

Thanks for the response, I really haven't been doing anything extensive with this computer if I'm being honest just photoshop and maybe some games of Valorant. I made sure to take great care of this laptop, especially with the $700 price tag. It's crazy to me that it would just die like that without warning. I used a 9 year old HP before this and never had any issues, but this one dies before I've even owned it for a year. 

Funniest thing to me is when I went back to Microcenter I saw the exact same computer sitting on a table waiting to be diagnosed, brand new.

I hope I can just get a refund that way I can just buy another brand. This was a really bad first impression for such an expensive laptop. It was nice while it lastest I guess.

Options

2435 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

155 Signins

14071 Page Views

• Views: 14071
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-27, 21:07 PM

Hi Bromanguydude,

There is not much issue to the specific model so it may just be isolated cases as with all other electrical gadgets.

The service depot would be able to submit report on what part and event that can have cause this so we may just need the folks on the depot service the machine.

Hoping for the best.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms