Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-18-2019

India

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming high system interrupts

2019-11-18, 5:31 AM

I have bought a new Lenovo IdeaPad L340 and I have been facing System interrupts issue. The system interrupts is consuming about 40-60% and sometimes 100% of cpu usage. I am unable to find the reason. Need help.

Options

434 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

164 Signins

8969 Page Views

• Views: 8969
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming high system interrupts

2019-11-27, 17:52 PM

Hi  ,

Welcome to Community Forums!

Are you having System interrputs issue while the computer is on idle or when you're using an app or browsing?

System Interrupts process is also a known cause of high CPU usage in Windows machines.

You can try these steps to fix the issue:

Install the latest BIOS version

You check what is the current BIOS version: 

• Hold down Windows Key + R. It should open the Run window
  • Inside the Run box, type in msinfo32 then hit Ok. It should open the System Information window
  • Check the BIOS version / Date (it should be on row 11) in System Summary

Use this link to check for the latest BIOS version for Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-l-series-laptop/l340-15irh-gaming/downloads/driver-list.

Type in the Serial Number then hit search. Go to Drivers and Software > Manual Update > BIOS/UEFI.

Once you have the BIOS version, compare it with the BIOS version in Device Manager. If it's not updated, download and install the latest version. After installation, restart the computer.

If you're still having the same issue, you can try these steps:

• Look for blank icons on the desktop and delete them - these have been known to cause CPU spikes
  • Open Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps. Disable all Background apps
  • Check whats starting up with Windows ( Press Windows key + X > Click Task Manager > Click Startup tab > Disable all except Windows Defender)
  • Run Clean Boot (Press Windows key + R > Type: msconfig > hit enter > Go to the services tab > Hide all Microsoft Services > Disable the remaining services > hit apply then OK > restart

Give us an update on how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

02-01-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming high system interrupts

2020-02-01, 2:59 AM

Hi,

I also have the same issue my CPU Usage goes from 60~100% my temperate goes 60-90 degrees celsius, after the BIOS update and after I change the hotkey enable option to disable - that means the FN key will have reverse function which I don't think has any related issue to begin with.

Please advise.

I think the BIOS update made this CPU Usage from spiking. I know there's a way to downgrade the BIOS but I cannot find a link where to download the factory default BIOS. I cannot even do a factory reset under BIOS.

Options

1 Posts

07-28-2020

Germany

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming high system interrupts

2020-07-28, 17:00 PM

I think I have the same issue as you. My Laptop is barely 2 years old and has had since the beginning the issues of the sudden throtteling.

Laptop: L380

CPU: i5 8250

RAM 16GB

SSD harddrive

Issue: Sudden slowdown/throttle in performance that takes around 1 min to end. It comes and goes suddenly without other apparent causes or reasons. The slowdown is quite massive and makes it almost impossible to use the laptop while it is affected. Sometimes the CPU usage of System interrupts is high. But this is not always the case and it ends way before the laptop is back to normal in a slowdown.

My approach: Update regulary all the drivers and BIOS. No apparent change between updates.

Software: I have very few programs installed and handle cautiously the background tasks. No other program is involved in this issue according to the task manager.

If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Pablo

Options

12 Posts

01-06-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

18 Signins

241 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 241
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming high system interrupts

2021-04-05, 19:35 PM

I have the same issue on the L340-17. The CPU will spike and freeze my computer even if I am only running microsoft office or doing something minor like browsing text based web pages. I'd hate to see what it would run like gaming- at the moment it doesn't even handle youtube well.

Has anyone found a solution?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms