English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-17-2020

FR

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad c340 - pen stopped working

2020-09-17, 17:08 PM

Hi, 

I've had my computer for a while now, and this issue has been happening a lot.. So I have the pen that came with the computer and it would work fine for 2 or 3 weeks, and then it would start not working anymore (the computer would stop registering the pen while i was holding it on the screen, it would stop working midway through a word). 

And it's not the batteries because they are supposed to last a year or so, and at the beginning I changed the batteries because I thought that was the issue. 

When it kept happening, I send my computer to the Lenovo center to fix it,  and all they did was completely reset the computer.

After that, It worked for a month or 2, and now the same issue just happened.. Is there a reason/explanation as to why this keeps happening ? Is it an issue with the pen or with the computer ?

Thank you very much !

Options

470 Posts

05-14-2020

US

204 Signins

2410 Page Views

• Views: 2410
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Ideapad c340 - pen stopped working

2020-09-22, 12:32 PM

Hello,

This reply will move your post to the front of the que.  Hopefully someone with specific Knowledge will be able to help.

Try contacting online Warranty Support.

Things to try:

a)  Go into Windows Knowledge Base, and learn how to configure Windows Update to PREVENT installation of driver files from "Microsoft Windows Update" source.  Set it up like that.

b)  Check under Windows Software Listing "L" and find "Lenovo Vantage" application.  If it is not preinstalled, obtain it from Microsoft Store.

c)  With the pen as active as you can make it, perform the "Lenovo Vantage" system diagnostic.  Update any suggested drivers.

d)  Use "Lenovo Software Update" application.  (This is NOT Windows update.)  It should be available under "L" of your installed program lists.

Good Luck!

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete