English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

05-19-2019

IN

9 Signins

157 Page Views

• Views: 157
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad flex 14 motherboard & speaker issue.

2019-05-25, 16:40 PM

Options

283 Posts

08-02-2018

US

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad flex 14 motherboard & speaker issue.

2019-05-27, 7:27 AM

Hi LenovoUserIdeap.

Thanks for reaching us for reaching us here in our community forums.

Our technicians will conduct a test to make sure the issue was resolved and the machine is 100% in working condition. Could you tell us when was the repair took place? Yes, it's possible to have the speaker to malfunction after the motherboard was replaced. When was the speaker issue happened? Is it as soon as you received the laptop back from the repair? If it does, did you raise your concern to the service center?

Kind Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

15 Posts

05-19-2019

IN

9 Signins

157 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-05-30, 15:04 PM

Hi Ashley_Lenovo,

Thanks a lot for taking this up seriously!

The repair took place on 25th of May 2019. Both the speakers were working absolutely fine when the laptop was in working condition.

As the problem of charging came in i.e the battery drained and I was not able to charge back my laptop, I went to the authorized service center, they diagnosed and found the problem with I/O on motherboard which was faulty and advised me replace the motherboard completely.(Though I did ask them if only the I/O can be repaired or replaced, they said NO,I am still looking for a credible reason for the entire motherboard replacement).

I went ahead with the suggestion since I had no other option available at that point and the motherboard was replaced. When I went for collection of the Laptop. I did the entire system checking/testing myself though I told them to do it from their end after the replacement of motherboard and found one of my speakers is not working instead of they informing me about this issue. I reported the issue then and there itself at the service center on 25th May. They said we received the Laptop in dead condition i.e battery drained and unable to charge the laptop which will make it a point that speaker did not fail at their end and they wont help me with that which really pissed me off since it was not my fault at all. Instead they offered me the option to replace both the speakers with additional cost.

This really seems unfair, why should the customer pay for the mishap that took place while repair. I am really upset with the way it was handled, being a music enthusiast, I was a big fan of Ideapad Flex 14's Speakers and the quality crisp and clear sound, which was one of the key factors of my purchase of this product. I've been loyal to Lenovo for 5 years now, and now its time for the company to reciprocate the same to its customer. I hope this gets resolved amicably and at the earliest. I took help of this platform to voice my concerns and I really appreciate that the concerns were heard and are being addressed . Now I am hoping to get a closure on the issue.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Date of repair : 25th May 2019
Place of repair : Pune, India
Service center : Impact Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

Options

15 Posts

05-19-2019

IN

9 Signins

157 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-05-30, 15:21 PM

Social Support Agent Ashley_Lenovo
Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-05-30, 16:07 PM

Hi! Could you fill up the information below so we could forward a follow up to our regional team about it.

Name:
email:
phone:
SN:

repair center's name:

address:

phone number:

case number:
issue details:

Let us know via private message. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-05-30, 19:41 PM

We have received the information you've provided via private message and it was already forwarded to our regional team. Kindly give them time to review your case and get back to you via email or over the phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete