Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-10-2018

United States of America

9 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Portable DB65 Slim DVD Not Working!

2018-09-10, 3:37 AM

I recently purchased an ideapad 720s and a lenovo slim DB65 dvd burner and I cannot get the Slim DVD to play DVDs. Forum discussion here and elsewhere gave many trouble shooting tips which I've tried such as: making sure the device driver is updated, making sure the Windows 10 is updated, trying different DVDs, and downloading the desktop version of the VLC media player and making sure that's updated. I've tried everything and am at a loss. 

In other places, I've seen Lenovo reps confirm that it is a DVD burner, but should also have media playback capabilities. Many people seem confused and troubled by this not working. It seems as though the slim DB65 recognizes the disc, and the computer recognizes the disc and the player, but there is some error in playing it back, there is just a green screen, and I can't navigate any of the menus, titles, or chapters.

I've tried this with several different DVDs. I was just watching on of the DVDs on a different machine yesterday, so it's not a problem with the DVD. In one of the DVDs I could hear the audio, but the image is green. I've tried commercial and home-made DVDs - all don't work. Audio and data CDs seem to work fine with VLC media players, just not DVDs.

Im hoping to get a quick answer because if I can't get it to work, I need to return it within the next couple of days before the return window closes. Thank you!

Answer
Options

409 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Views: 956

Re: Lenovo Portable DB65 Slim DVD Not Working!

2018-09-10, 18:49 PM

Disable Hardware Acceleration in VLC. Go to tools -> preferences -> input/codecs ->) hardware-accelerated decoding from automatic to disable. Mac_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(5)
Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 2 of 6

2018-09-10, 10:55 AM

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching the Community Forum! 

Just to confirm, have you tried using the Lenovo Portable DB65 Slim DVD in another computer and check if it will work? If not, you may try using the Lenovo Portable DB65 Slim DVD to another computer and compare the outcome. Please try using another media player aside from VLC and check the Lenovo Portable DB65 Slim DVD again. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

09-10-2018

United States of America

9 Signins

141 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-09-10, 16:59 PM

Hi, Thank you for the suggestions. So, I tried the Slim DB65 DVD on a different computer, and it worked fine with VLC (I think on Windows 7 or older). I tried the Slim DVD on this computer, the Lenovo 720s, and it works with 5KPlayer, a free player I downloaded, but still not with VLC.

Does anyone have suggestions about how to get it to work with VLC on my Lenovo 720s? I feel much more comfortable with the VLC player, and it is always the most highly recommended. Thank you!

Answer
Options

409 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2018-09-10, 18:49 PM

Disable Hardware Acceleration in VLC. Go to tools -> preferences -> input/codecs ->) hardware-accelerated decoding from automatic to disable. Mac_Lenovo

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

8 Posts

09-10-2018

United States of America

9 Signins

141 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-09-10, 19:28 PM

Thank you so much! It works now!

Options

409 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-09-10, 22:40 PM

Awesome! Nice work! Feel free to post again Lenovo Forum if you have other inquiries. Have a good day! Mac_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms