English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

03-04-2019

PH

26 Signins

218 Page Views

• Views: 218
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Vantage Charge Threshold

2019-11-21, 14:39 PM

Good day!

Is there a way to change the battery charge threshold in Lenovo Vantage or Conservation mode is the only option for my laptop model?

I have Lenovo Ideapad 320s - 13IKB.

I also want to ask if it is okay to use the laptop for a month in conservation mode, I rarely use the battery and want to make the battery lifespan last longer.

Thanks for your upcoming replies!

Solved! See the solution
Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Vantage Charge Threshold

2019-11-21, 15:08 PM

Hi James61588,

Greetings.

This mode in energy manager affects the firmware on the battery, and stops the charging when it reaches 60%.

In some cases, not charging the battery to 100% constantly may improve the overall lifespan of the battery with the trade off being that you will have less run time on a charge because you are only using 60% of the battery capacity.

This setting is most often suggested for a system that is always Plugged in to the Ac adapter,

When the AC adapter is still connected and the battery reaches its charge limit, you will see a "Plugged-in not charging" message when you hover on the battery icon in the notification area. Since the firmware is set, this should still work even if the system is off and just plugged in.

This feature exists on other models and the start / stop thresholds and displayed messages may be slightly different depending on model and version of energy manager.

We have a similar discussion about conservation mode, just click here

Hope this will address your query

Dndon_Lenovo.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

16 Posts

03-04-2019

PH

26 Signins

218 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-11-21, 15:19 PM

Hi DonDon_Lenovo!

Thanks for your reply.

Just a follow-up question,

is it normal for the full charge capacity to vary in some case?

Sometimes it displays 33wh, other times it displays 31wh.

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-11-21, 15:58 PM

Hi James61588,

That's pretty much normal that it displays a higher WH or lower WH, that depends on the application that's running on your desktop and the application at the background.

You can use a battery report, this handy battery report gives you a rundown of your battery specs, along with servicing options available. For example, if your battery or laptop is still under warranty and it’s not performing up to spec.

Here are the step.

Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin), type powercfg /batteryreport at the command prompt then hit the Enter key. The report will be saved under

C:\Windows\System32 as battery-report.

Then open battry - report, the report provides details about your battery including the name, manufacturer, serial number, chemistry and cycle count. You can also view a usage report over a period of time.

Hope this will address your query.

Dondon_Lenovo

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

16 Posts

03-04-2019

PH

26 Signins

218 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-11-21, 16:05 PM
Thanks DonDon!

I accept this post as a solution.

Options

1 Posts

11-18-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:Lenovo Vantage Charge Threshold

2020-11-18, 15:44 PM

I was just interested to know if there was a way to edit that threshold of 60% and put it at 75%

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete