Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-10-2015

India

6 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z 50-70: HDMI port is not working and Intel driver issues

2021-03-29, 19:23 PM

Hey everyone,

HDMI port is not working in my laptop and I just got to know since I was just using VGA port for connecting monitor. So, I was just wondering around and found out that the issue might be related to display drivers.

Nvidia drivers are pretty state forward and not much manufacturer related. So, I believe that the issue should not be related to that and anyway, I have latest nvidia driver for my 840m.

But for my intel hd 4400 drivers, I checked on Intel DSA and it was telling me that my drivers are modified by Lenovo. So, I should visit Lenovo website for that and should not install drivers directly from intel. So, I went to lenovo and downloaded the only available driver for Win 10 and my laptop. It's version is 20.19.15.4474_WHQL. But, when I tried to install it, it gave me error that the driver is not made for my laptop and I should visit manufacturer website. It's very weird. Because that's what I did. Additionally I checked my current Intel driver version and it is 20.19.15.4642.

Now I am really not sure what I can do next. So, my HDMI port start working. Additionally, not sure what this driver issue is. I am running on Windows 10 20H2.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks.

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

4514 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4625 Signins

53177 Page Views

• Views: 53177
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Z 50-70: HDMI port is not working and Intel driver issues

2021-03-29, 20:42 PM

You can install the intel Driver on you system, but you must first use Device Manager to switch the Windows 10s' built in Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver, because the if the Intel driver installer sees the Lenovo driver in use it will not install.

1)  Right-click Start and select Device Manager to open

2)  Expand the "Display Adapter" section, right-click on your Intel HD 4400 adapter and select Update Driver

3)  Select Browse My Computer for Drivers

4)  Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my system 

5)  Select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and click next.     Note: Your screen resolution may change

6)  Reboot if prompted

The previously downloaded graphics driver from Intel should now install without any error messages. 

Regards,

Options

2 Posts

10-10-2015

India

6 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Z 50-70: HDMI port is not working and Intel driver issues

2021-03-30, 12:07 PM

Thank you very much. This was helpful.

I installed the drivers successfully but still the HDMI port is not working.

What can we do for that? Is there any way to check if the issue is with software or hardware?

Because the display and cable is working with my macbook air with the apple adapter. So, I believe that they are working fine and the issue is with my lenovo z50-70.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)