English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-10-2020

GB

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo flex really poor camera image quality

2020-09-10, 21:38 PM

Hi I have just bought brand new lenovo flex 5 14" AMD 5 and am seriously shocked at the terrible camera quality - it is so grainy - like an old analogue TV with really dull colour. I have tried changing settings in Vantage but all I can do is adjust contrast and brightness and it does not make the image any clearer. I am shocked that any new laptop can have such a bad camera.. I have never seen such a bad image.. Is there a problem or anything I can do about this as I need a clear picture for zoom calls etc and can barely be seen clearly.. Really disappointed/ concerned! Don't want to have to return it as I like the laptop otherwise..

Options

16 Posts

08-31-2020

RU

7 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo flex really poor camera image quality

2020-09-11, 6:36 AM

@ Koalalalah wrote:

Hi I have just bought brand new lenovo flex 5 14" AMD 5 and am seriously shocked at the terrible camera quality - it is so grainy - like an old analogue TV with really dull colour. I have tried changing settings in Vantage but all I can do is adjust contrast and brightness and it does not make the image any clearer. I am shocked that any new laptop can have such a bad camera.. I have never seen such a bad image.. Is there a problem or anything I can do about this as I need a clear picture for zoom calls etc and can barely be seen clearly.. Really disappointed/ concerned! Don't want to have to return it as I like the laptop otherwise..

Hi, @Koalalalah!

In your case, the best way is to buy an external cam. It also would improve the sound quality)

Options

1 Posts

09-11-2020

CA

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-09-11, 11:38 AM

Hi,  I have a ideapad 3 and and I looking through this forum to see if anyone else thought the camera is super bad!  My image is all pixelized, I plud in an old Logitecg webcam and the image was crisp.  I can't believe they could put such a low quality camera on a laptop like this...makes me want to return it.

Options

1 Posts

01-01-2021

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-01-01, 22:37 PM
I bought a good external cam. Didn't change a thing. My zoom image is clear, but lacks color. My face looks greyish.
Options

1 Posts

01-13-2021

GB

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-01-13, 16:45 PM

Hi! Did you ever find a way to fix this? I have this exact laptop as well and have the same problem, really need a laptop for my online university course and have to have my camera working as I'm doing acting.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms