Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-25-2021

Spain

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ideapad S340 not resuming from sleep

2021-11-25, 7:16 AM

When pressing the power button to resume my laptop from the S3 sleep state, nothing happens, and I have to hard reset it to see any sign of life. This problem occurs both on Linux (Arch, kernel 5.14.11-arch1-1) and on Windows 10.

Enabling USB wake support in the BIOS merely results in the system powering down completely instead of entering sleep mode, and reflashing the BIOS (to rev. A12, A09 and A06) makes no difference, and neither does resetting the NVRAM by removing the CMOS battery and holding the power button. I also tried modding the BIOS to enable a hidden ACPI menu, which gives you the option of enabling either only S1, only S3, both or none. All options other than S3 (the default) result in a blank screen on boot and having to reset the NVRAM.

A quick search shows that this is a common problem with s340 laptops, but no one appears to have found a solution so far.

Here is the output of journalctl -k from the current and previous boot.

Home Page
Options

5324 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30387 Page Views

• Views: 30387
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo ideapad S340 not resuming from sleep

2021-11-25, 20:56 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ambreendiana ,

It would be good if you can share what is you complete laptop name or share the complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK or 20UD000BUS) from the sticker usually located under the case. This would help find more details about your machine variant, while keeping the confidentiality of your serial number.

If you can't find any sticker under the device showing the machine type model / MTM, check this link as guide how to find it within Windows. Please do not include the machine serial number (S/N): https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/videos/vid100751-how-to-locate-serial-number-and-machine-type-model-number-may-2020-update

Also what is your distro?

Was it partitioned for GPT with boot mode on the UEFI?

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms