English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

Lenovo ideapad s340 15 api

2020-01-31, 16:45 PM

Hi, first of all I want to say i love the device, its a massive improvement on my last 1 4 year old hp, 

i upgraded to 8gb from 4gb,

but now im so puzzled why my laptop rests at memory usage 45% with only avast anti virus running, thats like half the draw for me to buying it (8gb) is being used without me even running anything, how and why?

James.

Options

434 Posts

11-04-2019

US

164 Signins

8969 Page Views

• Views: 8969
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo ideapad s340 15 api

2020-01-31, 17:12 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to Community Forums!

Switch over to the Processes tab, and then click the Memory column header to sort from high to low. You should then have a better view of which items are consuming your RAM.

Run some of these quick tests to figure out if your RAM or motherboard is faulty (show signs of error) – https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/downloads

Also, go to Msconfig>services>check the hide all Microsoft services> then click disable all. This disables the unused applications which are not used.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Malvin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

2020-02-01, 6:16 AM

Thanks for reply, 

ive tried these steps, disabled all and no change to memory, so many leno o services running, , servi e hosts etc, but come on its brand new and i turn it on to near 50% of the main attraction is being used up before i even start to take advantage of it,

i feel like im being pick pocketed,

James.

Options

2020-02-05, 16:11 PM

Malvin why is this not an easy solution? its bloody ridiculous that 45% of ram is used on idle, 

i need it resolved

Options

434 Posts

11-04-2019

US

164 Signins

8969 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-02-05, 16:34 PM

Hi lfc123,

Thanks for replying.

Windows 10, and every program or service that loads at startup uses up RAM, so you can try to limit the number of programs that load at startup using the Startup tab in Task Manager.

You can also try these steps:

• Press the Window key (usually between CTRL and ALT) or click the start icon

• Search for "Notifications" and press "Notifications & actions settings"

• Disable "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" by clicking on it

• Restart your computer

Regards

Malvin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2020-02-05, 17:00 PM

Thanks Malvin, i managed to reduce it on idle by an extra 10%, im happy with that, if theres anything else i can do i would like to try but happy with this outcome,

James.

Options

434 Posts

11-04-2019

US

164 Signins

8969 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-02-05, 17:45 PM

Hi ,

Glad to hear that you managed to reduce the RAM usage.

It may be Superfetch, AV program, or even Windows Update, but Task Manager will show you the culprit.

You can try to disable some of them and check the outcome.

Regards

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete