English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-27-2020

SE

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Loosing network connection

2020-10-27, 17:05 PM

Hi there,

I recently bought a Lenovo Idepad 5 with a Ryzen 5 4500U processor. I have an issue with constantly loosing internet connection. It does not matter what network I'm connected to or how close I am to the router. It has been acting like this since I got it, the short-term solution is to run the network troubleshooter or reconnect to the network but it isn't really sustainable since it is dropping constantly. 

My nerves would thank you if anyone has a solution to my problem. 

Options

12025 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7108 Signins

742864 Page Views

• Views: 742864
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Loosing network connection

2020-10-28, 15:29 PM

Hi Skilef,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can try turning off power saving properties unclicking it from the properties in device manager.

This should allow constant connection without power saving requirements.

You may also try to change Bandwidth setting under Advanced driver properties from 80Mhz_40Mhz_20Mhz to 40Mhz_20Mhz if turning off the power saving in wlan have the same issue.

Update us how this goes for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

10-27-2020

SE

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Loosing network connection

2020-11-11, 19:28 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

The only place I can find any power saving properties in the device manager is for the USB-ports. I have not been able to find any Bandwidth settings either. I have searched the web for an answer to why this is happening but without luck. But thanks for getting back to me, I think I have to contact customer support since I'm used to a Mac and not sure how all the advanced settings works in a PC.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete