07-23-2019

US

37 Signins

352 Page Views

• Views: 352
  • Message 1 of 4

Missing RAM After Repair

2020-06-30, 19:25 PM

I sent my laptop in to get a webcam repair and when I got it back I only have 4GB of RAM instead of 8GB! I called Lenovo tech support and they said that I was mistaken, my IdeaPad FLEX 14-IWL only comes with 4GB of RAM. I looked at my order (from Costco) and they list the laptop as having 8GB of RAM. Every other website I looked at says that this laptop has 8GB of RAM. Except for Lenovo. It says 4GB. I KNOW that before I sent it in that my laptop had 8GB of usable RAM. When I sent it in again so they could look at the RAM complaint all that they did was factory reset my laptop and send it back. I still only have 4GB of RAM. They replaced the motherboard the first time so I am assuming that that is why there is only 4GB now. But I am very frustrated and confused and now my laptop can only run a couple of programs at a time. Which is not helpful as I am a student and often have several programs running at once while I am studying. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips? 

I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

Options

3648 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4303 Signins

48262 Page Views

• Views: 48262
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Missing RAM After Repair

2020-06-30, 22:55 PM

If you have your receipt/order from Costco stating that it came with 8GB, then that alone should be enough to escalate the matter to Lenovo, but you can also go to https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/, enter your laptop's serial number, then click on the link for Parts and view/export the As-Built parts list to see what your laptop came with when it was new,

I truth I am not sure that it is worth the frustration and cost  of sending it back to them again vs. just pending $20 bucks on a 4GB of RAM.

Best of luck, 

Options

11146 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6970 Signins

737679 Page Views

• Views: 737679
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-07-01, 14:33 PM

Hi indyjones567,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The FLEX-14IWL do have soldered 4GB on-board + 4GB ram on the available single slot as one of the configuration.

In behalf of the Community, allow me to assist you on this.

I would send you a private message that you can reply with the personal information regarding the case.

Try to check the BIOS if it sees 8GB.

Physically you may also check for the 4GB ram as shown in the hardware manual (page 37) if you have the tool and experience.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

07-23-2019

US

37 Signins

352 Page Views

• Views: 352
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-01, 15:18 PM

I checked the BIOS and it says 4096MB of memory so I know that it is not a Windows detection issue. I do not have the tools to physically check the RAM but I am pretty sure that Lenovo just replaced my mainboard with the generic 4GB model instead of another 8GB model. It literally says on my Costco invoice that the laptop comes with 8GB of RAM and I know I had that much before I sent it in for repairs. Since it is soldered on, I can't really just upgrade it on my own (I've done it on previous laptops so I know the basics of how to do it).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete