07-24-2020

CA

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

NO 4yr warranty for Ideapad 3 - i7 gaming Laptop

2020-07-29, 1:10 AM

I bought a Ideapd Gaming Laptop for $1400 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 and got 4 year premium warranty. I was told after speaking to 8 agents that the 4 year warranty is not compatible with my machine. I am very confused why the lenovo website actually gave me the option of 4 year warranty if it is compatible.

Options

11515 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7024 Signins

739839 Page Views

• Views: 739839
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:NO 4yr warranty for Ideapad 3 - i7 gaming Laptop

2020-07-29, 4:19 AM

Hi Mahesh H,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I also tried checking the support site for upgrading the warranty.

As far as available was the 3 year onsite with premium warranty so I was thinking perhaps that it maybe at the time of purchase to include current 1 year depot that came with the system.

When an upgrade warranty is purchased, then you should have received a confirmation after registering it as mentioned here in the FAQ.

Do I have to register my Warranty Upgrade?

Yes, Warranty Upgrades require registration. After the Warranty Upgrade is purchased, you will receive a Lenovo Services Registration Required e-mail with the Authorization Code and PIN number. You will need to enter these codes on our registration portal and follow the steps to complete the registration. If you have problems with the online registration, you can contact our Service Entitlement Team directly, providing the Order Number and Serial Number to complete the registration on your behalf.

How do I know if my Warranty Upgrade was successfully registered?

After the Warranty Upgrade is registered, you will receive a Lenovo Services Registration Confirmation email including the Warranty Terms and Conditions and the Warranty start and end dates.

What do I do if I receive an error while attempting registration?

There are different errors that can occur while attempting to register a Warranty Upgrade. If you received the ‘Service Incompatible with the machine serial provided’ error you will need to contact your reseller or Sales representative if the Warranty was purchased through a third party. If the Warranty was purchased directly from Lenovo, you need to contact our Customer Service Department. If you received the ‘We are unable to process the registration due to a data error, Hardware purchase date override is not within allowed Range’ or a different error please contact our Service Entitlement Team..

I believe that the tech support team also gave you the warranty team / Post Sales (Post Sales (1-855-253-6686) Opt 1 and 4

) for assistance on this matter. You can provide them your order number so they can assist you better.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete