Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-07-2016

United States of America

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 5

Neither built in display nor external display are working

2021-06-18, 23:53 PM

Model:  Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15

Greetings.  I am having a problem where when I go to start my laptop, neither the built in display nor an external display are working.  I have attempted to disconnect all devices, and disconnect the power cord and battery to drain all power, but I still cannot get either display to work.

I know the external display is functional, as it works on other computers.

Both the power and hard drive are on and solid.  From what I can tell, the device is not booting into the Operating , as I cannot see it connecting to the wireless network.  Connecting the device to a wired network port does not indicate an active link either.

Are there any further diagnostic steps I can take?  Or is this device ready for the scrap heap?

Options

222 Posts

03-27-2020

Philippines

28 Signins

900 Page Views

• Views: 900
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Neither built in display nor external display are working

2021-06-19, 23:10 PM

Hi dugiehowsa,

Would the caps lock and numlock respond on/off when to press on it?

This would help check if it is a display issue or a no POST (Power on Self Test).

-Dbrix

- Apologies in advance for not getting back soon on regular days. Please proceed with any Community members that can share their ideas and experiences to help.
Options

3146 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

194 Signins

18019 Page Views

• Views: 18019
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-21, 10:13 AM

Hi @dugiehowsa 

Before checking the machine if it indeed goes into no post state, I would recommend running a static drain first.

- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.

Power up the machine again and see if the machine has power light indicators with a responsive capslock light key or numlock light key. If these keys are not responsive, this is indeed a no post.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

11-07-2016

United States of America

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-21, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I ended up pulling off the bottom of the laptop, and reseating the memory and a bunch of the cables.  I noticed a bit or corrosion on one of the connectors on the motherboard, so I used some canned air to clean it up.  Once the memory and all the cables were reseated, the laptop powered right up.

Options

3146 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

194 Signins

18019 Page Views

• Views: 18019
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-21, 14:00 PM

Hi @dugiehowsa 

Thanks for getting back in the thread. Glad to know it is resolved now. You are free to initiate a new post should you need any help again from the Community folks.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms