Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

No Batery is detected after Install of Lenovo Vantage

2021-11-24, 21:44 PM

Hello,

I Just installed the Lenovo Vantage from Microsoft store and after a restart my laptop it's no detecting the Battery.

Just before I restart the laptop the taskbar show an 88% battery life.

I appreciate any help to address this problem.

Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15IKB Laptop - Type 81F5

Thanks.

Options

5324 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30387 Page Views

• Views: 30387
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:No Batery is detected after Install of Lenovo Vantage

2021-11-25, 12:59 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @Malberto625 ,

I suggest that you share the complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK or 20UD000BUS) from the sticker usually located under the case. This would help find more details about your machine variant, while keeping the confidentiality of your serial number.

If you can't find any sticker under the device showing the machine type model / MTM, check this link as guide how to find it within Windows. Please do not include the machine serial number (S/N): https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/videos/vid100751-how-to-locate-serial-number-and-machine-type-model-number-may-2020-update 

Thanks for taking the time to start a new post on the community.

It would be better if you can share a screenshot of how no battery is detected as of the moment.

Are you trying to say there is a significant battery loss after installing the Vantage app?

While we are waiting for a screenshot, please try these steps for your machine.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Remove all cables connected to the device (power cable, hdmi, external mouse, external keyboard, etc)
- Be sure device is switched off / powered off
- Press and hold down the power button for 60 seconds
- When done, re-attach all cables
- Attach the  ac adapter and let the unit charge for about couple of minutes
- When done, restart the machine as usual.

Then, try to uninstall-reinstall the battery drivers.

- Access Device Manager. You can go by pressing Windows Key + X, then select Device Manager.
- Click the Batteries section in the Device Manager window.
- Go ahead and right-click the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and choose Uninstall from the menu.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
- Restart the device and the Windows itself will install the generic driver type for the battery to be installed.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

09-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-11-25, 15:18 PM

Thanks Dex for your answer,

The complete machine type mode is:

MTM: 81F5006FUS

I already made all the steps you described, there was a estrange thing on the battery driver at Device manager, before I deleted It states there was a "Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", obviously my laptop it is not a "Surface" after delete and reinstall is back to "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery". But the behavior persist.

It would be better if you can share a screenshot of how no battery is detected as of the moment.

No Battery is detected

Are you trying to say there is a significant battery loss after installing the Vantage app?

NO, let me rephrase the only change I made was the install from Microsoft store of the Lenovo Vantage App, the app recommend a restart, so I did it.

Before the app installation the battery indicator shows a 88% of remaining life, after the restart shows a 88% for a few minutes and then "No battery is detected"

Kind regards.

Mario

Options

5324 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30387 Page Views

• Views: 30387
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-11-25, 17:24 PM

Hi @Malberto625 ,

Thanks for updating the thread and for sharing the needed information.

I recommend trying to run diagnostics scan for your machine to determine any possible hardware failure that is related to the current reported case. Feel free to share a brief result in the thread.

After this, try to go to the support site and update the drivers. Start with the Motherboard Devices, Power Management.

Then try booting the machine into safe mode. Observe if the same error message 'no battery is detected' will be present even in that mode.

If error message is still visible on safe mode, try performing a static discharge and then reload the bios to defaults.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Remove all cables connected to the device (power cable, hdmi, external mouse, external keyboard, etc)
- Be sure device is switched off / powered off
- Press and hold down the power button for 60 seconds
- When done, re-attach all cables
- Attach the  ac adapter and let the unit charge for about couple of minutes

Boot through Novo button
- Locate your machine's Novo button from the either sides. Check this knowledge base showing how it would look like: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht062552-introduction-to-novo-button-ideapad 
- Click this by using an unfolded paperclip or anything similar that would fit.
- Machine should power up and boot straight to Novo Menu.
- Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.

Reload the BIOS to defaults
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Exit Menu.
- Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Laptop should boot back to Windows. Check the issue.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms