Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-13-2021

Indonesia

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

No microphone in audio input device even after installing audio driver from manufacturer (+ f4 not working)

2021-04-13, 17:53 PM

Laptop: Lenovo ideapad 5-14ARE05

I just reset my laptop earlier today, and when i can finally use it again i cannot find microphone on my input audio devices list. I've searched on settings and device manager but the only audio input device i can use is stereo mix. I can user microphone only if my headphone is plugged in.

After i reset my laptop i update my driver automatically through here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/id/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/5-series/ideapad-5-14are05/downloads/automatic-driver-update. But there was no microphone in sight, so i tried to manually update it through here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/id/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/5-series/ideapad-5-14are05/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Audio but there is still no microphone.

This is my device manager when headphone is not plugged in:

And this is my device manager when headphone is plugged in:

So before i reset my laptop i can use my microphone just fine even without headphone. But now if i don't use headphone the only audio my laptop can pick up is from the laptop itself (internal audio) because of the stereo mix. 

I've tried everything i can find online but the problem still stands. I found the exact same problem being asked in a microsoft forum here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-showing-only-stereo-mix/c1d947cf-2769-49ec-a916-8fda6e49361e but it seems like there is still no solution being given.

My friend suggested me to update bios because it worked for him before, but i'm kinda scared because if there is something wrong, it will harm my laptop.

So if there is someone out there who can help me fix this problem i'd be very thankful:(

Addition:

I forgot to mention that my fn+f4 key is not working too. Usually that key works to mute and unmute microphone. So i guess it doesn't work because there is no microphone either but i don't really know

Options

2 Posts

04-13-2021

Indonesia

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:No microphone in audio input device even after installing audio driver from manufacturer (+ f4 not working)

2021-04-14, 10:13 AM

I've just tried updating my bios but the problems still don't go away:(

Options

1748 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

10115 Page Views

• Views: 10115
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:No microphone in audio input device even after installing audio driver from manufacturer (+ f4 not working)

2021-04-14, 13:25 PM

Hello Aithra,

Welcome to the Community Forum.

I might suggest trying to update the device audio using the recommended drivers from the support site. Once on the support page, enter your machine serial number to load the correct drivers, click on Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual update and download all the audio drivers.

Also, you may try to counter check if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the recommended BIOS version uploaded on the support page.

Finally, you can try to run diagnostics to scan your device. Feel free to include the results in your response so we can see.

Update us when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms