Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-13-2021

Indonesia

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

No screen at startup

2021-06-13, 8:21 AM

My IdeaPad C340 (Windows 10) suddenly won’t start up.

I tried a power drain = no change!

Laptop is still responding (caps lock light 💡)

when I switch the laptop on, the keyboard lights work for a few seconds and the Lenovo writing appears on the screen for an instant, but then all goes black (screen and keyboard, and there is no sound of e.g. fan, while the power light of the power switch remains on.

Note that prior to this problem I have had issues with the camera switching off in the middle of Zoom or Skype meetings (so I would switch to an external camera).

Is there anything I can do?

Options

222 Posts

03-27-2020

Philippines

28 Signins

900 Page Views

• Views: 900
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:No screen at startup

2021-06-13, 19:45 PM

Hi Nbrata,

Check your charger and cable and see if its ok perhaps another compatible device or voltmeter.

Upon connecting it back to the laptop, there is usually an led light that shows up.

Try wobbling the cable and see if it can easy get loose.

If it does show an led lit up and did not come off easily then it can be an internal issue preventing power on self test/ POST.

-Dbrix

- Apologies in advance for not getting back soon on regular days. Please proceed with any Community members that can share their ideas and experiences to help.
Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Views: 17879
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-14, 15:39 PM

Greetings @Nbrata 

In addition, try performing a power drain one more time after checking the power source.

Once you've turned the unit on through power button, check if the light on capslock key would respond as well. If there is a power light indicator on the device but light on capslock key is unresponsive, this can be a valid sign of no post issue.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

06-13-2021

Indonesia

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-20, 9:55 AM

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Unfortunately none of them worked and I had to bring my laptop to a service center.

It turned out that there was a problem with two letter keys on the keyboard.

Some professional cleaning solved the problem.

The problem with the camera had something to do with the wiring, if I am not mistaken, and is also solved.

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Views: 17879
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-21, 9:27 AM

Hi @Nbrata 

Thanks for getting back on the thread. Good to know it was solved now. If you'd need any help again, please don't hesitate to initiate a new post so folks in Community can engage with your post too.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms